Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #41
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
It's no secret that FDR wanted the U.S. to get involved in the war. Rightly so, in my opinion and most of the rest of the world. If the U.S. did not get involved the outcome of the war probably would have been different and the FREEDOM of millions more people would have been lost.

DW, hypothetical situation.....You and a friend on standing on a streetcorner. A thug comes up and punches your friend in the face. Do you get involved or hide to maintain your freedom???

Freedom WAS at stake, regardless if you can see it or not.
YES, I would defend my close personal friend in that situation, on the street. NO, I wouldn't advocate going to war because an ally is perceived as being threatened or even attacked. That's their problem, not ours. How can you compare the two scenarios when millions of American lives hang in the balance, in order to fight someone's battles for them? This is why I despise the original Hulk Hogan theme song. It was espousing the same "defend our friends" bullshit.

The only time we should be willing to risk the lives of people in the U.S. military is when there is a direct threat to OUR national security, not to protect England, France, Korea, South Vietnam, Kuwait, Israel, etc. You, on the other hand, a chickenhawk, would most likely want war at the drop of a hat, without experiencing combat firsthand, in the past, present, or future.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)

Last edited by DieselWeasel; 11-24-2012 at 03:51 PM.
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #42
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
YES, I would defend my close personal friend in that situation, on the street. NO, I wouldn't advocate going to war because an ally is perceived as being threatened or even attacked. That's their problem, not ours. How can you compare the two scenarios when millions of American lives hang in the balance, in order to fight someone's battles for them? This is why I despise the original Hulk Hogan theme song. It was espousing the same "defend our friends" bullshit.

The only time we should be willing to risk the lives of people in the U.S. military is when there is a direct threat to OUR national security, not to protect England, France, Korea, South Vietnam, Kuwait, Israel, etc. You, on the other hand, a chickenhawk, would most likely want war at the drop of a hat, without experiencing combat firsthand, in the past, present, or future.
Then, I would hate to have you walk past me in the street if I were in trouble, because it sounds like it's not your problem and you'd just walk on by; and a one-on-one, or small group-on-one scenario is only a watered down version of a war, one-country-on-one etc.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #43
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Quote:
Get my head out of the sand? I was IN the sandbox, a.k.a. Iraq. Were you over there, or are you just a chickenhawk who wants war but doesn't want to go over there, nor his family, only wanting OTHER people to fight and die for lies and bullshit?
No, I wasn't over there. I spent 6 years active duty in the USN while you were still nursing your mothers teet. Therefore, I'm to old to serve again. Thanks anyway. You don't know me, nor do you know what I have done. Between my father, my brother and I, we have 30 years of active duty. You and Pat Buchanan can Kiss my ass.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #44
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn

DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Then, I would hate to have you walk past me in the street if I were in trouble, because it sounds like it's not your problem and you'd just walk on by; and a one-on-one, or small group-on-one scenario is only a watered down version of a war, one-country-on-one etc.
Babs, I tend to agree with you in most threads, but comparing a street fight to a global conflict is ridiculous and absurd.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #45
Ryano
Max Brawn

Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Quote:
You, on the other hand, a chickenhawk, would most likely want war at the drop of a hat, without experiencing combat firsthand, in the past, present, or future.
I applaud your service to our country, even though you don't. Along with my 6 years active duty in the military, I worked the streets as a police officer for 25+ years. So again you can KISS MY ASS cupcake.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #46
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
I applaud your service to our country, even though you don't. Along with my 6 years active duty in the military, I worked the streets as a police officer for 25+ years. So again you can KISS MY ASS cupcake.
None of that is the same as being in a combat zone. Do have a son? Is he in the military?

Old 11-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #47
Ryano
Max Brawn

Quote:
None of that is the same as being in a combat zone. Do have a son? Is he in the military?
Like I said, you have no idea what I have done. You are so full of yourself it's unreal. I'm done with this.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #48
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Hmmm, people wanting to stab, beat, shoot, bludgeon and kill you doesn't qualify as combat zone......

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #49
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Quote:
Thank you for your service, DW. I do not agree with most of what you have said here, but I do want to thank you for the sacrifices you made for our our country.

I also want to express my gratitude to Ryano for his service to the country and to the community that he serves.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #50
Ryano
Max Brawn

Quote:
What do you do for a living hero?