Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Secret Santa (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11722)

dumbell 11-20-2012 08:28 PM

Secret Santa

What are some small little gifts good for a secret santa? Lucky me, the person that I got did not have any ideas put down on his slip. He is about 35 years old. But I have not idea what his interests are and I really can not ask him.

5kgLifter 11-21-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumbell (Post 294053)
What are some small little gifts good for a secret santa? Lucky me, the person that I got did not have any ideas put down on his slip. He is about 35 years old. But I have not idea what his interests are and I really can not ask him.

Secret santa, 35y/o?? Doesn't he normally give gifts, not receive them? ;)

ricka182 11-21-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 294229)
Secret santa, 35y/o?? Doesn't he normally give gifts, not receive them? ;)

Secret Santa is not only the legend of rich people secretly giving away money or paying bills. On this side o' the pond, it's also another name for a Yankee Swap gift exchange. Basically, everyone puts their name in a hat. Each person draws a name, but keeps it a secret. You then buy that person a gift, and leave it on their desk.

You can try asking his coworkers, or just looking in his cube when he is not around. If nothing still comes to mind, money is king. But not cash, get him a generic Visa gift card. He can use it anywhere, and get what he wants. It's rather impersonal, but it fits the bill in this case.

5kgLifter 11-21-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricka182 (Post 294246)
Secret Santa is not only the legend of rich people secretly giving away money or paying bills. On this side o' the pond, it's also another name for a Yankee Swap gift exchange. Basically, everyone puts their name in a hat. Each person draws a name, but keeps it a secret. You then buy that person a gift, and leave it on their desk.
You can try asking his coworkers, or just looking in his cube when he is not around. If nothing still comes to mind, money is king. But not cash, get him a generic Visa gift card. He can use it anywhere, and get what he wants. It's rather impersonal, but it fits the bill in this case.

Oh that! Yeah we have that over here, not sure what they call it, normally we have no idea who we're buying for, we just get a gift to the value of whatever is suggested, place it back in the "hat"/box and then it gets handed out.

Hazzard 11-21-2012 04:19 PM

Condoms.

And your phone number.

BendtheBar 11-21-2012 04:23 PM

Small candy bars or bites :)

quigs 11-21-2012 06:40 PM

Socks, candy bars, chips, gc to subway or other fast food places.

bamazav 11-21-2012 06:41 PM

Food! Every man loves food.

oli 11-21-2012 09:15 PM

5 pack of beer

1 for u of course

5kgLifter 11-22-2012 09:55 AM

Socks ;)

You know I'm kidding guys :D