Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine
Default WTF

Free Depravity.

Time to get the f*ck out of CA.

Idaho, Utah here I come. Screw this freak show!

San Francisco to provide transgender surgeries for uninsured | Fox News

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

Yes, because this is just what our nation needs to be tending to right now. Ok, so it's one city, but still... Good lord.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
WilldBill88
King of The Cowboys
Max Brawn
Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 2 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Food
WilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beast

Where are our standards in todays society? Maybe I was raised old fashion and my views are different, but its crap like this I don't like or agree with.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:58 AM   #4
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Jesus Christ, have some respect. Whether or not you agree with the uninsured, free surgery part or not, show some ****ing respect to the people going through it. This is the 21st century.
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Jesus Christ, have some respect. Whether or not you agree with the uninsured, free surgery part or not, show some ****ing respect to the people going through it. This is the 21st century.
As you use the Lord's name in vain and offend the Christians.

I have nothing against any transgender individual. I can't imagine what they go through. It must be horrible. But I do think San Francisco politics is heading into a danger zone. The free stuff well will dry up sooner or later. The cost of living out there seemed through the roof when I visited. That's just my semi-uninformed opinion, as an outsider. I reserve the right to be wrong.

I also want it to be know that if Goat is referring to the transgendered as freaks, well, not a fan of that opinion.

Words can be weapons. They should be chosen wisely.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-09-2012 at 08:29 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

"Free" surgery is not free. I do not want any of my tax dollars or don't want to have to pay an inflated health care costs to cover a surgery for someone to "change". Basic health care costs are WAY to high now.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn
Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

People should be allowed to do what they want with their bodies and their lives, I can respect that. But using other people's tax money to suppor these changes are not right in my eyes.

I can understand people wanting to change, but like other things in life it is a want not a need and should be treated as such. Meaning that if they want it, they should be required to pay for it.

Class I Total @ 198: 525/335/600 (1460)

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #8
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Science should be law. Gender can not be chosen, and should not be altered. But this is the socio-liberalisation of the country, and the people continue to elect those who support it. I will wait for the eventual tyrant to take power, and start putting people back their place so once again we will have a successful country as a world power. Don't change what my country was or should be. In the meantime, I'm not a doomsday prepper, but I will do whatever is needed to ensure the safety, security, and prosperity of myself and my family.

/endrant. no debate required or requested. My opinion is rightfully mine.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Respect, would be showing some personal responsibility. And not expecting other's to pay for your deviant life style choices.

Transgender people having surgery's at the expense of the people benefits society how? Isn't the idea that all benefit from the taxes we chose to pay?

The left wants, wants, wants, why cant they ever pay for it themselves?

As for name calling, tough. I support the GOP and am labeled a racist because of it. I believe in Jesus and am labeled a backwards religious nut.

You want me to respect these people, then please go to them and tell them to get the f*ck out of my pocket!

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

There's an interesting and complex ongoing debate around this subject and the whole issue of gender dysmorphia (GiD: the feeling of being the wrong gender). Two main viewpoints are:

1) Gender dysmorphia is a psychological condition that, when it appears in childhood, requires psychological treatment. When it appears in adults, it's still a 'condition', in the same way as depression or an anxiety disorder is.

2) Gender dysmorphia is effectively a physical condition - a female brain in a male body, or vice versa. This is fixable through surgery. But it's not an illness as such

Should GID be regarded as a mental illness? Yes, say some transgender people - if it's a mental illness, then insurance packages will pay for expensive surgery and drugs which otherwise they couldn't afford. No, say others, no way am I ill - I'm just in the wrong body.

The appointment of Kenneth Zucker to oversee how dysmorphia is regarded in DSM -V (the latest manual for mental illness) was greeted with alarm by many transgender people, because he's firmly in the (1) camp above. They see it as being just as ridiculous as homosexulaity being in the DSM (it wasn't taken out until 1973).

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley

Last edited by Tannhauser; 11-09-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote