Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine
Default Getting new wheels, help me choose

a 2011 RAM quad cab or 4x4 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Old 11-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
a 2011 RAM quad cab or 4x4 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
2011 RAM quad cab, if your going to work out of it.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Definitely the Ram. Now if it was a Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon, that would be a different matter.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I love the Ram.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Archery 2000 Champion! Fish Eat Fish Champion! Power Driver Champion! Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion! Penguinoids Champion!
Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

I'd go with the Ram myself. The Jeep is more a luxury vehicle than actually an off-road vehicle. Jeeps today can't do half of what their predecessors could do. All about looking pretty and being green, than being functional.

What do you do for work? How far do you drive on a daily basis? The Ram will eat much more gas, even at the new 25mpg rating. But in terms of bad-assness, the Ram can be played with and made to look much better than a fancy soccer mom jeep.

Also keep in mind, if you haven't driven a larger truck before, the quad-cabs are very long and not easy to park everywhere. Plus it's a tight fit in some parking garages. I always park my truck as far from everything else, even if it's a longer walk, unless I can the first spot so no one parks on my driver side, so I can actually open my door all the way.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Ram. Always go for a pickup.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
IronWill
Max Brawn
Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

IronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beast

I would go with RAM as well. How much is gas up there?
IronWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
SeventySeven
Max Brawn

SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

Gas is $1.02 per litre.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
Jeeps today can't do half of what their predecessors could do.
That is really only true for the family wagon breed of Jeeps; Cherokees, Libertys, Commanders, etc.

However, the new breed of Wranglers is actually more capable that any Jeep that came before it. It's really easy to modify, has a stronger stock powerplant, stronger axles, a coil/link suspension that is far superior to the old buggy springs. It can be had with lower gears, lockers, 4:1 transfer case, and disconnecting swaybars. Out of the box, there is no other Jeep that comes close to it; past or present.

Some day I will retire my old TJ model and build up my JKU. That will be fun.

Last edited by Off Road; 11-06-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
SeventySeven
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
I'd go with the Ram myself. The Jeep is more a luxury vehicle than actually an off-road vehicle. Jeeps today can't do half of what their predecessors could do. All about looking pretty and being green, than being functional.

What do you do for work? How far do you drive on a daily basis? The Ram will eat much more gas, even at the new 25mpg rating. But in terms of bad-assness, the Ram can be played with and made to look much better than a fancy soccer mom jeep.

Also keep in mind, if you haven't driven a larger truck before, the quad-cabs are very long and not easy to park everywhere. Plus it's a tight fit in some parking garages. I always park my truck as far from everything else, even if it's a longer walk, unless I can the first spot so no one parks on my driver side, so I can actually open my door all the way.
I drive around 100km per day.