|11-05-2012, 04:36 AM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2012
Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
20 Almost Laws of Strength Training by Bret Contreras
01. You must foam roll.
02. You must stretch.
03. You must do cardio and/or HIIT.
04. You must go heavy (i.e., lift over 90% of your 1RM).
05. You must train explosively (i.e., Dynamic Effort).
06. You must go to failure.
07. You must squat.
08. You must deadlift.
09. You must bench press.
10. You must do unilateral or bilateral exercises.
11. You must train your core directly.
12. You must use free-weights.
13. You must always strive for progressive overload.
14. You must incorporate plenty of variety.
15. You must periodize your training.
16. You must deload and/or fluctuate your training stress.
17. You must train frequently.
18. You must perform total body workouts, or you must split your workouts.
19. You must perform multiple sets.
20. You must consistently train balls-to-the-wall.
link to oroginal doc : T NATION | 20 Almost Laws of Strength Training
|bret, contreras, laws, strength, training|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Strength training for the retarded||styrkecoach||Powerlifting & Strength Training||3||02-26-2012 07:15 AM|
|3D Muscle Journeys Bret||Rich Knapp||Video||0||08-17-2011 05:59 AM|
|16 Training Tips From Contreras||Iron Gladiator||General Board||0||09-02-2010 09:21 AM|
|The K.I.S.S. Method for Strength Training||Iron Gladiator||General Board||7||11-24-2009 05:09 PM|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|