Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #21
_J_
Chalk Rebel
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Last part of the rant. How black to you have to be to be black? Doesn't seem to matter. But I need to prove my family history to say I'm Cherokee. I don't look it, so now I have to prove how pure I am. Bullshit.
A friend of mine has a step daughter that is half black and half white. She has olive skin and could easily be mistake for being from several different cultures. At her school, there was an assembly, "just for the black kids"--she told her mom, "I was like--am I supposed to go?"

To this day, I still laugh about that story.
_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #22
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Don't want to be identified with stereo type x? Stop glorifying it in your culture.
Yeah! As if all Arabs "glorify" suicide bombing in their culture (ref to the image posted by Hazz).

I agree with you in the respect that banning halloween is ridiculous. But that statement of yours quoted above is just as moronic.

The reason Halloween should not be banned is simple - its part of the American culture and in my opinion, Americans have every right to observe their culture. It is stupid to suggest otherwise.

You cannot hold an entire culture hostage to idiotic/racist acts of a few. Just as you cannot hold the entire Arab world responsible for the acts of a few.

Last edited by kitarpyar; 10-23-2012 at 12:15 PM.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #23
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I am continuously amazed at how uppity you yanks get over this type of stuff, chill out!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #24
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I am continuously amazed at how uppity you yanks get over this type of stuff, chill out!
Ah, the great FEB has spoken. We better shut up about our traditions and culture and obey.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #25
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Ah, the great FEB has spoken. We better shut up about our traditions and culture and obey.
And there he is!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #26
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Yeah! As if all Arabs "glorify" suicide bombing in their culture (ref to the image posted by Hazz).

I agree with you in the respect that banning halloween is ridiculous. But that statement of yours quoted above is just as moronic.

The reason Halloween should not be banned is simple - its part of the American culture and in my opinion, Americans have every right to observe their culture. It is stupid to suggest otherwise.

You cannot hold an entire culture hostage to idiotic/racist acts of a few. Just as you cannot hold the entire Arab world responsible for the acts of a few.
Maybe it doesn't apply to Arabs, but that also wasn't the only picture or example. I don't disagree with you, and not all people identify with the stereotype.

I think I also just got called a yank derogatorily.

Example from my own life. I'm from the south. Not deep south, but that doesn't stop people from calling me a red neck. How is this less demeaning than other slurs. I also realize that there is only one thing I can do to keep from being discriminated against in the workplace because who wants to hire some yokel with a thick accent.

I lost the accent, dressed professionally, and worked my ass off. If I can do it, so can the kids wearing baggy clothes and chains. Arabs don't enter in to this for me, but its awfully nice of you to put words in my mouth.. I'm not afraid of them. I'm not biased against them. Again, why are you putting words in my mouth?

Rambling again, but here's why we yanks get pissed off. We like our freedom. We don't like it when the government steps down from on high and tells us we can't do something because someone is offended. Piss Christ vs having a team named after a local native tribe. You can be offended by one, but not the other.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #27
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Arabs don't enter in to this for me, but its awfully nice of you to put words in my mouth.. I'm not afraid of them. I'm not biased against them. Again, why are you putting words in my mouth?
Nobody's putting words in your mouth. But when you jump into a discussion and make a blanket statement, you must be prepared to receive counter examples from the discussions that has already been taking place.

Quote:
Example from my own life. I'm from the south. Not deep south, but that doesn't stop people from calling me a red neck. How is this less demeaning than other slurs. I also realize that there is only one thing I can do to keep from being discriminated against in the workplace because who wants to hire some yokel with a thick accent.
I am sorry you have had to go through all of this. Discrimination is absolutely disgusting. I have faced discrimination a few of times myself because of skin color. While you can change your accent and clothes to avoid discrimination, I don't have the luxury of changing my skin color, nor would I want to in order to appease a few jerks in the society. However, I do understand what you had to go through and why you tool the steps you took in order to avoid this nuisance, and I appreciate it.

Quote:
I don't disagree with you, and not all people identify with the stereotype.
Glad that you get the point I was trying to make.

Last edited by kitarpyar; 10-23-2012 at 03:39 PM.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote