Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think my budget will allow $50 per contest, up to 2 per year, per competitor.

I know this isn't a full sponsorship, but It's all I can do right now. How do you guys feel about this?

I would also like to re-state that I am not doing this for publicity. I'm doing it to help the competitors on this site out, and cover some of the cost. I wouldn't expect anything in return.

This site isn't about money for me. It's about lifting. If I'm going to grow it, I'll do it with the priority of helping people first and foremost.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
I would say to start off with supplements and T-shirts since a sponsorship goes both ways.I think its super generous for you to expect nothing in return but I know a couple of guys sponsored by different companies and they are always advertising for them as gratitude. I would say once the sponsored athlete shows a few good placings then maybe pay for the entries and if any guys have a few 1st place wins,then maybe pay for travel expenses.

On a side note I think MUSCLE-AND-BRAWN T-Shirts, clothing maybe be on way to go in the long run, put cool slogans on the back. Once people start seeing the name more and more, people will start asking questions, inquiring with in and it takes things to the next level. If you look at bodybuilding.com, elitefts,apts prowriststraps, etc, they all have merchandise with the company logo on it, so it gives a sense of pride and gratitude when the athlete wears it.

Anyways these are my ideas on this so far. Sounds like a great thing.
sorry to post on a site about competing, when i obviously am not competing in anything, but this above is a great idea.

If you make MAB shirts i'll buy them and "rep" MAB all the time. Just make sure there not shitty because then it will go into my "hanging around the house" group of shirts.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 11-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post
I am not a supplement kind of guy, but I can tell you that in 5 contests last summer I dumped well over $300 on entry fees and travel, and those were just local contests. Strongman is expensive, as is any competitive activity.

I have seen guys pass out little supplement samples from companies they are sponsored by. That is always a good way to get some free publicity. You just have to figure out what strongmen use... muscle rubs
Yeah free blue lotions and foam rollers would be nice!
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Yeah free blue lotions and foam rollers would be nice!
I don't speak that language...vat is dis you speak of?

Old 11-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
sorry to post on a site about competing, when i obviously am not competing in anything, but this above is a great idea.

If you make MAB shirts i'll buy them and "rep" MAB all the time. Just make sure there not shitty because then it will go into my "hanging around the house" group of shirts.
Shirts are definitely on the agenda for 2010. RickB has a good supplier. I need to get hooked up with them.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #16
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post

I know this isn't a full sponsorship, but It's all I can do right now. How do you guys feel about this?

I would also like to re-state that I am not doing this for publicity. I'm doing it to help the competitors on this site out, and cover some of the cost. I wouldn't expect anything in return.

This site isn't about money for me. It's about lifting. If I'm going to grow it, I'll do it with the priority of helping people first and foremost.
That sounds great! Every little goes a long way!

Here are some links to the stuff I was talking about:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=1468

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=143&pid=1618

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=120&pid=567
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Thanks BBG.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #18
moore_716
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

moore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammer

this is a very good idea. No other site I go to does this. Not that I will ever get to that point, but it's damn good gesture.

Here's a thought that may or may not be of interest. Another site I go to (truck site) has free membership just like here and they have a paid membership (14/yr.) paid gets you access to special forum features, more pm space, and a t-shirt. You also get your name colored (lol). This way you may cover some of your costs for the sponsorships and running the site. I also don't know how much t-shirts run by the quantitiy but maybe you could actually come out a little ahead.
moore_716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
AthleteCreator
Trollin'
Uber Brawn
Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16

AthleteCreator is new to the forumAthleteCreator is new to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
I just look good, so me wearing a shirt all the little kiddies will go..."oooooohhhhhhh THATS where he get is supplements and information from!"

nuff' said.
This.

There is nothing "smart" about a 3rd attempt deadlift.
AthleteCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #20
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post

im debating a local natty bodybuilding contest in the next year or 2, so at least getting the shirt would be awesome
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote