Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Bodybuilding, Strongman and Powerlifting Sponsorship

I'm exploring the possibility of sponsoring athletes in the coming year. And I'm looking for feedback, general impressions, etc.

Basically, here's my thinking...if you've competed once, and log of the forum, I am open to sponsoring you as an athlete. This can be for powerlifting, bodybuilding and strongman.

What I want to know from competitors is this...as a sponsor, how could I best assist you? Supplement cash? Covering contest/travel fees, etc,? Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Obviously, the site isn't big enough for me to lay out uber-cash. But I don't want to give you $5 either, and call it a sponsorship.

What would I want in return? Nothing. Just want to help.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

Supplements would be helpful, but also the travel and such as I get more experience and start branching out would definitely be of real assistance
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Steve, I put the word out to a guy I've known for years, but haven't seen in years until facebook. I'm not sure if he's already sponsored, but he's a pretty strong guy and has done some competitions. Hopefully if nothing else, we can get him on board here:

RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Thanks Rick. That looks like my kind of guy!

And just to re-state to those reading. Initially, the sponsorships might now be as much as I'd like, but they will be something...and hopefully will grow as the site grows.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-06-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwys61 View Post
Supplements would be helpful, but also the travel and such as I get more experience and start branching out would definitely be of real assistance
Mostly this, supplements are so expensive. As I think about doing more shows, I would probably choose shows close to relatives and friends that way I have an extra reason to go.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

I would say to start off with supplements and T-shirts since a sponsorship goes both ways.I think its super generous for you to expect nothing in return but I know a couple of guys sponsored by different companies and they are always advertising for them as gratitude. I would say once the sponsored athlete shows a few good placings then maybe pay for the entries and if any guys have a few 1st place wins,then maybe pay for travel expenses.

On a side note I think MUSCLE-AND-BRAWN T-Shirts, clothing maybe be on way to go in the long run, put cool slogans on the back. Once people start seeing the name more and more, people will start asking questions, inquiring with in and it takes things to the next level. If you look at bodybuilding.com, elitefts,apts prowriststraps, etc, they all have merchandise with the company logo on it, so it gives a sense of pride and gratitude when the athlete wears it.

Anyways these are my ideas on this so far. Sounds like a great thing.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Thanks for the feedback BBG.

One of my main goals for 2010 is to carve a "better brand" which to me, simply means that when you say the name, people in the lifting community know what you mean. I'm hoping to get some nice t-shirts up and running soon.

This weekend MAB is sponsoring the world Raw powerlifting championships, which is our first contest exposure. I'm still taking baby steps, but MAB has come a long way in it's first year.

I want to at least help the competitors out on this site with something...

Old 11-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #8
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Thanks for the feedback BBG.

One of my main goals for 2010 is to carve a "better brand" which to me, simply means that when you say the name, people in the lifting community know what you mean. I'm hoping to get some nice t-shirts up and running soon.

This weekend MAB is sponsoring the world Raw powerlifting championships, which is our first contest exposure. I'm still taking baby steps, but MAB has come a long way in it's first year.

I want to at least help the competitors out on this site with something...
I think that is awesome, keep up all the hard work and I am sure it will pay off!
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #9
CookAndrewB
New Brawn

CookAndrewB is new to the forumCookAndrewB is new to the forum

I am not a supplement kind of guy, but I can tell you that in 5 contests last summer I dumped well over $300 on entry fees and travel, and those were just local contests. Strongman is expensive, as is any competitive activity.

I have seen guys pass out little supplement samples from companies they are sponsored by. That is always a good way to get some free publicity. You just have to figure out what strongmen use... muscle rubs
CookAndrewB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #10
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

I want a free T-Shirt. I just look good, so me wearing a shirt all the little kiddies will go..."oooooohhhhhhh THATS where he get is supplements and information from!"

nuff' said.
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote