Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
Beverly McD
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Beverly McD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 514
Training Exp: Since 1987
Training Type: Powerlifting
Reputation: 42810
Beverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machine
Default

If you hit, expect to get hit back.
Beverly McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
SeventySeven
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
SeventySeven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,186
Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
Reputation: 38396
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine
Default

This is a video of the whole incident. She attacks him while he is driving, attacks him when he stops and after she is he hit comes back for more.
__________________
You cannot be physically strong if you are mentally weak.
SeventySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
BigJosh
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
BigJosh's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 4,034
Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
Reputation: 241051
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly McD. View Post
If you hit, expect to get hit back.
Good luck with that attitude in court.

You should do some research on reasonable force and the use of force ladder.
http://www.usadojo.com/articles/jim-...rce-ladder.htm
__________________
Zdravko Veselin Gaeta

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 10-12-2012 at 01:41 PM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
Bill
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 824
Reputation: 28376
Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine
Default

amazing uppercut...somebody should make a looping gif out of that.

self defense all the way. that ain't no woman.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
BigJosh
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
BigJosh's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 4,034
Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
Reputation: 241051
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
amazing uppercut...somebody should make a looping gif out of that.

self defense all the way. that ain't no woman.

NO not self defense all the way!!! At that point they were not engaged physically and engaged her with an unreasonable amount of force!!!
Had she hit him? Yes
Was she in the process of attacking him? No
Was she Verbally engaging him at the time? Yes
Is that justifiction for throwing a potentially devistating blow? NO

You guys making these comments should really educate yourself about the law and your rights to self defense. Anyone really interested in self defense should take the responsibility of not only learning how to physically defend and protect yourself and your family, but how to legally defend and protect your family.
You aren't protecting your family if you're doing time in prison for assault.
__________________
Zdravko Veselin Gaeta

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
Bill
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 824
Reputation: 28376
Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post

NO not self defense all the way!!! At that point they were not engaged physically and engaged her with an unreasonable amount of force!!!
Had she hit him? Yes
Was she in the process of attacking him? No
Was she Verbally engaging him at the time? Yes
Is that justifiction for throwing a potentially devistating blow? NO

You guys making these comments should really educate yourself about the law and your rights to self defense. Anyone really interested in self defense should take the responsibility of not only learning how to physically defend and protect yourself and your family, but how to legally defend and protect your family.
You aren't protecting your family if you're doing time in prison for assault.
she attacked him twice by that point, and she did not back down nor walk away. Who knows what she does next....pulls a knife, attacks while the bus is in motion again endangering the other passengers.

At that point, something needed to put a stop to her because she clearly was not going to stop.

by your logic, i can go around and punch people in the face, but they can't defend themselves if i stop.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #17
BigJosh
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
BigJosh's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 4,034
Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
Reputation: 241051
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
she attacked him twice by that point, and she did not back down nor walk away. Who knows what she does next....pulls a knife, attacks while the bus is in motion again endangering the other passengers.

At that point, something needed to put a stop to her because she clearly was not going to stop.
Yes, stopping her would be a reasonable use of force. Never ever once did I say that reasonable restraint was not warrented.
What you are saying now and what you said in your other post are 2 different things, whether you are aware of it or not.

There are many steps on the use of force continum before a potentially lethal strike.

You are ignorant to the laws regarding self defense. Do some research on reasonable force. I provided a link above as a great starting point.

I gurantee you that they would both be charged with assault in that situation and that he lost his job. The level of force he used in that moment was unreasonable.

***Edit***
You added this:
Quote:
by your logic, i can go around and punch people in the face, but they can't defend themselves if i stop.[/
First of all, it's not my logic. It's the law.
Second, yes if a women punches you in the face and steps back and is no longer punching you or attacking you, you cannot stop, stand up, approach her, tell her she's going to jail and then strike her in the head without any further threat from her.
I
__________________
Zdravko Veselin Gaeta

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 10-12-2012 at 02:02 PM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #18
leefarley
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: England UK
Posts: 2,502
Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
Reputation: 221477
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member
Default

the way she was gobbing off i'm pretty sure she used to be punched in the head
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #19
Bill
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 824
Reputation: 28376
Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Yes, stopping her would be a reasonable use of force. Never ever once did I say that reasonable restraint was not warrented.
What you are saying now and what you said in your other post are 2 different things, whether you are aware of it or not.

There are many steps on the use of force continum before a potentially lethal strike.

You are ignorant to the laws regarding self defense. Do some research on reasonable force. I provided a link above as a great starting point.

I gurantee you that they would both be charged with assault in that situation and that he lost his job. The level of force he used in that moment was unreasonable.

***Edit***
You added this:

First of all, it's not my logic. It's the law.
Second, yes if a women punches you in the face and steps back and is no longer punching you or attacking you, you cannot stop, stand up, approach her, tell her she's going to jail and then strike her in the head without any further threat from her.
I
well, a jury will decide if he used reasonable force or not.

also, sounds like i can start punching people....if i back off, and they attack, i'll just sue them.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #20
BigJosh
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
BigJosh's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 4,034
Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
Reputation: 241051
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
well, a jury will decide if he used reasonable force or not.

also, sounds like i can start punching people....if i back off, and they attack, i'll just sue them.
Good luck with your ignorance. That's not what I said at all.
__________________
Zdravko Veselin Gaeta

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bus, driver, girl, uppercuts


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check this Girl Out angie828 General Board 5 04-15-2012 12:10 PM
350 raw squat 19 yr old girl @165 BendtheBar Powerlifting & Strength Training 14 10-13-2011 04:58 PM
Need some helps guys for my Girl MMA Max Nutrition, Diet and Supplements 14 02-06-2010 05:22 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.