Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
Beverly McD
Max Brawn
Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Since 1987
Training Type: Powerlifting
Beverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machine

If you hit, expect to get hit back.
Beverly McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

This is a video of the whole incident. She attacks him while he is driving, attacks him when he stops and after she is he hit comes back for more.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly McD. View Post
If you hit, expect to get hit back.
Good luck with that attitude in court.

You should do some research on reasonable force and the use of force ladder.
http://www.usadojo.com/articles/jim-...rce-ladder.htm

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 10-12-2012 at 01:41 PM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

amazing uppercut...somebody should make a looping gif out of that.

self defense all the way. that ain't no woman.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
BigJosh
Max Brawn

BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
amazing uppercut...somebody should make a looping gif out of that.

self defense all the way. that ain't no woman.

NO not self defense all the way!!! At that point they were not engaged physically and engaged her with an unreasonable amount of force!!!
Had she hit him? Yes
Was she in the process of attacking him? No
Was she Verbally engaging him at the time? Yes
Is that justifiction for throwing a potentially devistating blow? NO

You guys making these comments should really educate yourself about the law and your rights to self defense. Anyone really interested in self defense should take the responsibility of not only learning how to physically defend and protect yourself and your family, but how to legally defend and protect your family.
You aren't protecting your family if you're doing time in prison for assault.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
Bill
Max Brawn

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post

NO not self defense all the way!!! At that point they were not engaged physically and engaged her with an unreasonable amount of force!!!
Had she hit him? Yes
Was she in the process of attacking him? No
Was she Verbally engaging him at the time? Yes
Is that justifiction for throwing a potentially devistating blow? NO

You guys making these comments should really educate yourself about the law and your rights to self defense. Anyone really interested in self defense should take the responsibility of not only learning how to physically defend and protect yourself and your family, but how to legally defend and protect your family.
You aren't protecting your family if you're doing time in prison for assault.
she attacked him twice by that point, and she did not back down nor walk away. Who knows what she does next....pulls a knife, attacks while the bus is in motion again endangering the other passengers.

At that point, something needed to put a stop to her because she clearly was not going to stop.

by your logic, i can go around and punch people in the face, but they can't defend themselves if i stop.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #17
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Quote:
she attacked him twice by that point, and she did not back down nor walk away. Who knows what she does next....pulls a knife, attacks while the bus is in motion again endangering the other passengers.

At that point, something needed to put a stop to her because she clearly was not going to stop.
Yes, stopping her would be a reasonable use of force. Never ever once did I say that reasonable restraint was not warrented.
What you are saying now and what you said in your other post are 2 different things, whether you are aware of it or not.

There are many steps on the use of force continum before a potentially lethal strike.

You are ignorant to the laws regarding self defense. Do some research on reasonable force. I provided a link above as a great starting point.

I gurantee you that they would both be charged with assault in that situation and that he lost his job. The level of force he used in that moment was unreasonable.

***Edit***
You added this:
Quote:
by your logic, i can go around and punch people in the face, but they can't defend themselves if i stop.[/
First of all, it's not my logic. It's the law.
Second, yes if a women punches you in the face and steps back and is no longer punching you or attacking you, you cannot stop, stand up, approach her, tell her she's going to jail and then strike her in the head without any further threat from her.
I

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 10-12-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #18
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

the way she was gobbing off i'm pretty sure she used to be punched in the head
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #19
Bill
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Yes, stopping her would be a reasonable use of force. Never ever once did I say that reasonable restraint was not warrented.
What you are saying now and what you said in your other post are 2 different things, whether you are aware of it or not.

There are many steps on the use of force continum before a potentially lethal strike.

You are ignorant to the laws regarding self defense. Do some research on reasonable force. I provided a link above as a great starting point.

I gurantee you that they would both be charged with assault in that situation and that he lost his job. The level of force he used in that moment was unreasonable.

***Edit***
You added this:

First of all, it's not my logic. It's the law.
Second, yes if a women punches you in the face and steps back and is no longer punching you or attacking you, you cannot stop, stand up, approach her, tell her she's going to jail and then strike her in the head without any further threat from her.
I
well, a jury will decide if he used reasonable force or not.

also, sounds like i can start punching people....if i back off, and they attack, i'll just sue them.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #20
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Quote:
well, a jury will decide if he used reasonable force or not.

also, sounds like i can start punching people....if i back off, and they attack, i'll just sue them.
Good luck with your ignorance. That's not what I said at all.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.