Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member
Default I really dislike misleading BS

15 Low-Fat Foods that Can Make You Fat

Unhealthy Low-Fat Foods | Fitbie

No wonder peeps get confused on how to lose weight. The fact is anyone of these foods, one in FACT can eat, and still lose fat tissue--when calorie configuration for the specific person are correct.

Sometimes the internet just pisses me off.....

Oh.....done with rant now...

lol

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Yogurt, eggs, milk?

Canned soup? All 120 calories of it?

I dislike info like this.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #3
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

The fact that they are trying to sell something is just pure coincidence of course. So much cobblers out there and it's always to do with someone selling something. Cherry picking studies to meet their own 'findings'.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Did I hear something about Cherry Cobbler? Not fair right before a workout. Guess I will just settle for my low-fat cherry yogurt. Wait! Wha? I avoid "low fat" pre packaged foods like the plague. Now, where can I find me some of dat der cherry cobbler I heard so much about?

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Yogurt, eggs, milk?

Canned soup? All 120 calories of it?

I dislike info like this.
When a person goes on a diet (to lose tissue), the battle with food is unavoidable. Some people can keep their head together, by allowing a certain type a food within their diet structure (that is less in nutritional value or less healthy), but assist them in paving the path they wish to take.

Just eating certain foods, does not make one fat, and this is the portion that irritated me. A couple of years ago, my youngest son stated I had dropped weight, gained muscle, because I ate more healthy. While this is true to a point, its only partially true. To prove my point, I did a rather silly personal experiment to drive the point home to my son. For two weeks straight I ate nothing but PB and bread. OH! NO! All the fat!

I dropped 2 pounds and got leaner. While this is less than desirable, it was done to prove a point.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Before I entered the Army I lived on (literally) a bag of chips and salsa, and a box of Little Debbies per day. It was about 3000 calories per day, and I lost 15 pounds in 2 months.

I was young with a fast metabolism, obviously. I didn't do this as an experiment. It was simply a "break" from bodybuilding eating and I lived it up a bit.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Before I entered the Army I lived on (literally) a bag of chips and salsa, and a box of Little Debbies per day. It was about 3000 calories per day, and I lost 15 pounds in 2 months.

I was young with a fast metabolism, obviously. I didn't do this as an experiment. It was simply a "break" from bodybuilding eating and I lived it up a bit.
That would make sick after a day. Now if it was zingers or Susie Q's that might be different.

Chillen's point and experiment is right on.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post

Chillen's point and experiment is right on.
Very much so.

I have had tight times in my life when we couldn't afford much other than white bread, Campbell's soup, mayo and fake cheese. I certainly wasn't getting fat from these foods.

If the average person would simply reduce calorie-based drinks and 75% of their junk food I don't think they'd gain much, if any weight per year. If you think about it, people that aren't focused on quality eating consume quite a bit of excess junk per year, and are gaining what - 5 pounds per year or so?

Old 10-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

I really dislike websites that make you click to see each entry on the list. Nope, not giving you bonus hits.
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
I really dislike websites that make you click to see each entry on the list. Nope, not giving you bonus hits.
Ditto. And ones with pop up ads. Is this 1999 still?