Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bully Calls News Anchor Fat (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11297)

tonpaulerc 10-05-2012 07:19 PM

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat

Did you see this? Good for this woman! She is taking a stand and I commend her for doing so.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

BendtheBar 10-05-2012 07:58 PM

Interesting situation.

It seems in our modern era discrimination and hatred are allowed if you are overweight. I see it every day on forums and Facebook. Not just saying someone's fat - I'm fat - that's just a label. An accurate one. Rather the hatred of overweight people, like they are all lazy Twinkee eating slugs.

My mother worked her ass off in a laundry room all her life and was not lazy nor a glutton (in the least). Quite the opposite. But she is fat. Labels are one thing. Generalizations and stereotypes are another.

BigJosh 10-05-2012 09:17 PM

I've got a gut but at the same time I'm more swole than 95% of the people at my gym. It's funny, because sometimes I think the pretty boys at the gym don't know whether to give me the cold shoulder and be pricks because I have a fat belly or to shake my hand and try to be my buddy because I'm more muscular and stronger than them.
Either way, I think there are people out there that look at me a bit different because I carry a little extra weight. Just an observation.

brian19 10-06-2012 09:26 AM

Great that this lady took a stand. How dare that guy just call her fat. He knows nothing about her. Too bad she did not release his name. I know she could not have but that would have really called him out.

Fazc 10-06-2012 09:41 AM

Good on her, too much hate in the world already.

Kuytrider 10-06-2012 10:13 AM

She's a news anchor so I'd say she's done pretty well for herself. Knows how to stand up to bullies too :mh:

Goat 10-06-2012 10:30 AM

Criticism now equals bullying? She brought this to every ones attention.

'Hi Jennifer,

It's unusual that I see your morning show, but I did so for a very short time today. I was surprised indeed to witness that your physical condition hasn't improved for many years.
Surely you don't consider yourself a suitable example for this community's young people, girls in particular.
Obesity is one of the worst choices a person can make and one of the most dangerous habits to maintain.
I leave you this note hoping that you'll reconsider your responsibility as a local public personality to present and promote a healthy lifestyle.'

Where is the bullying?

And the follow up.

'Given this country's present epidemic of obesity and the many truly horrible diseases related thereto, and considering Jennifer Livingston's fortuitous position in the community, I hope she'll finally take advantage of a rare and golden opportunity to influence the health and psychological well-being of Coulee region children by transforming herself for all of her viewers to see over the next year - And to that end I would be absolutely pleased to offer her any advice or support she would be willing to accept.'

Private emails such as these do not equate to bullying in my book, and what ever happened to sticks and stones?

Chillen 10-06-2012 10:44 AM

One has to get passed their own personal self-stink before they begin to spell out another's stink. We all stink, its just that this stink smells different from one person to the next. When this person opened his mouth, he removed all doubt about his own stink intensity.

Peace and happiness,

Don

Chillen 10-06-2012 12:03 PM

This topic reminds me of Body Image: How you perceive yourself and how others perceive you, and how much a mental part this plays.

Some are quite happy with whom they are, while others are not happy with them....and so it goes.

Open your eyes and mind and look around when you are out and about or reading material (on the short list below).

What do you see? Do you look and truly see?

Sometimes one can see:

1. An overweight person that is extremely happy "with themselves".

2. An overweight person that is NOT happy "with themselves"

3. A rather skinny person that is extremely happy "with themselves"

4. A rather skinny person that is NOT happy "with themselves"

5. A person who appears to be at a healthy weight and extremely happy "with themselves"

6. A person who appears to be at a healthy weight and NOT happy "with themselves"

7. A person with medical complications severely intruding on their health is happy and working with it. And, able to do extraordinary feats surprising many.

8. A person with medical complications severely intruding on their health in deep depression, very sad, and disheartened.

Consider the playing ground equal. What is the common denominator here, you think?

The mind can be the catalyst to spring a person to intense and/or simple achievement or compel a person to intense and/or simple despair.

Your mind can determine which side of the fence you are on.

Peel the "inner being" that seems "sometimes" separate from the mind like methodically peeling an orange.

Apply what you see and read with open eyes and cognitive awareness and blend them together for a self benefit application.

The mind and the way we think is so VITALITY important and it gets nearly no time in study, and this is really sad, when it is IT that kills goals and other things in this life.

Best regards,

Don

DieselWeasel 10-07-2012 12:38 PM

Everything is "bullying" these days. Everyone has a thin skin.

It's not like she was born with M.S. or C.P. and is unable to improve her body. If she wants that viewer and other people to stop being a "bully", she should DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Take her sorry ass to the gym, and stop stuffing her face with donuts in the morning. Donuts are only allowed while backloading! LOL