Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #31
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
and I for one, don't believe her (the news woman) when she stated that it didn't bother her since her bodylanguage does not match her words.
I agree Babs.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #32
kblack
New Brawn
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

kblack is off to a good startkblack is off to a good startkblack is off to a good start

I think that it does bother her as well. But it would bother me as well. I do not do well with criticism from others. I do not want people calling me fat as I would be embarrassed by it.
kblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #33
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Quote:
IMO, age is irrelevant, because it doesn't make a person any less prone to the effects of bullying or whatever label people would like to give it.

On a side note, that sort of comment, the emailers, I mean, can also lead the recipient into the unhealthy realms of anorexia...people can be informed they are overweight, have it brought to their attention or at least discuss what they already know themsleves etc (as she herself pointed out) but done in the wrong way, it can be disastrous...I've seen it in a local hairdresser who can't even jog because their heart is so weak it would kill them...and all because it was approached wrongly.

Words, written or otherwise, can be damaging; and I for one, don't believe her (the news woman) when she stated that it didn't bother her since her bodylanguage does not match her words.

We grow mentally, physically and emotionally. If we don't then we are ill equipped to handle life. Therefore I would say that age is relevant.

If the emailer had sent his message to a child or a disabled person then I would have no argument here. He would be a bully for attacking someone who cannot defend themselves.

Let me ask this, what do you think his intent was? Is intent unnecessary when establishing whether someone is acting as a bully? Or did he just make a insensitive comment? Is an insensitive comment bullying?

I say that what she has done is an insult to those that are really being bullied. You know the people that are being called really hurt full things, being pushed around physically, having their reputations destroyed falsely.

Someone telling you that you are not the best roll model is not bulling its a uncomfortable truth

And why not a measured response? She conspired to attack this guy with her employers and fellow employees with the full power of a television station.

She chose to humiliate this guy publicly while all he did was to send her a private email. I know that she did not mention his name, but there are the unintended consequences of someone actions right?.

What happened to treat others as you would have them treat you?

What happened to two wrongs do not make a right?

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #34
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Are you somehow trying to turn the guy into the victim here? Wow.

What she did wasn't wrong.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #35
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

We all take responsibility for our "reaction" no matter the stimulus in which brought the reaction. You can not control what another person does to you, but you are in control in what your response is, and whether it succeeds in penetrating your senses.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #36
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
We grow mentally, physically and emotionally. If we don't then we are ill equipped to handle life. Therefore I would say that age is relevant.
Untrue. I once worked with an adult, in her 40's, who couldn't even handle crossing through a college door/gate because she was bullied as a child, it reduced her to tears, just the thought, we weren't even anywhere near a school/college...and I had to tell the people above me to back-off her and to explain the issue to them whilst reassuring her she did not have to go to a college and nobody would make her do so. She didn't go to the college, though the courses she could have enrlled on would have been advantageous to her...but her past experience was still haunting her; sometimes, our age never changes the damage done in the past.

People that were bullied, intimidated, abused, will always be emotionally scarred and it does affect their daily life, so age is irrelevant; an old person, a middle-aged person, and a young person all have the same emotions and the young bullied person will take those emotions through to their old age...to the shame of our sociatel set-up which should deal with the issues well before that time, IMO.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #37
Goat
Max Brawn

Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
We all take responsibility for our "reaction" no matter the stimulus in which brought the reaction. You can not control what another person does to you, but you are in control in what your response is, and whether it succeeds in penetrating your senses.
Well said.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Old 10-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #38
Goat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Untrue. I once worked with an adult, in her 40's, who couldn't even handle crossing through a college door/gate because she was bullied as a child, it reduced her to tears, just the thought, we weren't even anywhere near a school/college...and I had to tell the people above me to back-off her and to explain the issue to them whilst reassuring her she did not have to go to a college and nobody would make her do so. She didn't go to the college, though the courses she could have enrlled on would have been advantageous to her...but her past experience was still haunting her; sometimes, our age never changes the damage done in the past.

People that were bullied, intimidated, abused, will always be emotionally scarred and it does affect their daily life, so age is irrelevant; an old person, a middle-aged person, and a young person all have the same emotions and the young bullied person will take those emotions through to their old age...to the shame of our sociatel set-up which should deal with the issues well before that time, IMO.
I respectfully disagree. Maybe some but not all. Its not the emotions, but how we deal with them that matters. By adulthood one should have left childhood immaturities be hide.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #39
Goat
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
Are you somehow trying to turn the guy into the victim here? Wow.

What she did wasn't wrong.

What she did was escalate.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #40
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
If someone sends you a letter, you can choose to respond or not...if someone beats you physically for years, it scars you emotionally what one person does to another has a direct effect on their reaction, to some degree...to be in full control is a nice rosy view but not reality by any means.

Otherwise shellshocked war victims would still be considered cowards, when they are clearly not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
I respectfully disagree. Maybe some but not all. Its not the emotions, but how we deal with them that matters. By adulthood one should have left childhood immaturities be hide.
I'm astounded that you can even consider psychological abuse as immaturity, they are not the same thing.