Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

I agree with you guys that are disputing whether or not this is bullying.
The word "bullying" has become a buzz word. What this guy did was douchey, but it was it bullying. Bullying is picking on someone who can't stand up to you for one reason or another. This reporter was clearly capable of standing up for her self.
Just to be clear, the guy who sent that e-mail is a prick and needs to get a life.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

We need to remember that not everyone wants to be slim/jacked/ripped/strong etc.

I choose to lift weights, try to get stronger and keep my weight under a certain level of control.

Many others have no interest in hitting the gym and like to eat pastries, gooey sauces and so forth. It's their choice and no one is forcing them to do it except themselves just like no one is forcing me to make my choices.

Bottom line: Let's just concentrate on our own goals rather than make judgements on everyone else. I agree that the email was polite but the message was that he was telling this woman to change. It's her choice. I certainly wouldn't appreciate someone emailing me and telling me how to live my life. I wouldn't go on TV and respond but that's me

As Fazc said, there's too much hate in the world as it is. Let's just hit our goals and help those who want to achieve theirs if we can.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #13
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

the lady dosent seem to have a problem about her self the guy e-mailer her has the problem with her weight so i would say that is a form of bulling
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #14
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Pulled this off of google:
Quote:
bullying present participle of bul·ly
Verb:
Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
beastmode
New Brawn
Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

beastmode is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
Everything is "bullying" these days. Everyone has a thin skin.

It's not like she was born with M.S. or C.P. and is unable to improve her body. If she wants that viewer and other people to stop being a "bully", she should DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Take her sorry ass to the gym, and stop stuffing her face with donuts in the morning. Donuts are only allowed while backloading! LOL
But she seems happy with how she is. The other person did not have to email her his thoughts. He should have just kept them to himself. He was being a bully. There is too much of this going on in schools right now and she was making a point. A good point I might add.
beastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #16
mr_bigmuscles
Max Brawn
Points: 3,064, Level: 34 Points: 3,064, Level: 34 Points: 3,064, Level: 34
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: about a year
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: meat
mr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributor

I don't see how it is bullying and it was the anchor's choice to make it public.

I'm surprised by the reactions here. What is it about being fat that is so special, that puts it beyond criticism? If she showed up to work in filthy clothes, drunk, with missing teeth, etc etc that would be fair game I bet.

It is the same argument that people make all the time about anorexic runway models and their influence on young people (esp. girls) and I don't see why it shouldn't be true for the reverse situation.

Log
mr_bigmuscles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #17
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode View Post
But she seems happy with how she is. The other person did not have to email her his thoughts. He should have just kept them to himself. He was being a bully. There is too much of this going on in schools right now and she was making a point. A good point I might add.

She used the old Thyroid excuse, if she is happy with who she is she need not justify herself.

Her feelings were hurt, and she used the bullying angle to make herself into a victim. Using her kids is weak.

As for the guy who sent the email to her, he should have sent it to her boss.

Come on guys we have all been bullied, seen it done to others and or have done it our selves.

I know that I endured much much worse then this when I was a kid and managed to suck it up with out complaining to the entire world about it.

This is a grown woman, good grief!

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #18
ONpump17
Perservere
Max Brawn
Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4 serious years, 1 meet
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Water
ONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machine

Political correctness is a disease people.
"Choose to not to be a product of your environment, but rather a product of your desires."Kroc
Comp Lifts(lb/kg): Squat: 385/175 Bench: 231/105 Deadlift: 463/210 Best Lifts: Squat: 395/180 Bench: 250/113 Deadlift: 475/215
ONpump17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:02 AM   #19
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Interesting, I think DW just reinforced the typical stereotype as highlighted by Steve...what a shame.

As for the "happy as she is" and pulling the old "thyroid" issue being at odds, not so, you'd be surpirsed how people seem to have to vindicate/explain themselves in and to society when there should be no need but people, for some reason, seem to think they are entitled to all your medical details, private or otherwise, though the term privacy doesn't appear to mean a whole sight any more.

Verbal abuse, is still abuse and it can cut deep; I know someone who was called a retard by a group of youths just because they use a walking stick, and then given verbal abuse by a drunk for the exact same reason...none fo the people knew the person with the stick and both occurred on separate occasions; words can damage a whole lot more than sticks and stones at times, especially unexpected attacks out of nowhere and at places where people are vunerable.

Bullying is bullying...the guy had no reason to contact her, end of story.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #20
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Interesting, I think DW just reinforced the typical stereotype as highlighted by Steve...what a shame.

As for the "happy as she is" and pulling the old "thyroid" issue being at odds, not so, you'd be surpirsed how people seem to have to vindicate/explain themselves in and to society when there should be no need but people, for some reason, seem to think they are entitled to all your medical details, private or otherwise, though the term privacy doesn't appear to mean a whole sight any more.

Verbal abuse, is still abuse and it can cut deep; I know someone who was called a retard by a group of youths just because they use a walking stick, and then given verbal abuse by a drunk for the exact same reason...none fo the people knew the person with the stick and both occurred on separate occasions; words can damage a whole lot more than sticks and stones at times, especially unexpected attacks out of nowhere and at places where people are vunerable.

Bullying is bullying...the guy had no reason to contact her, end of story.
They were private emails, no one needed to known about them other that the recipient.

This man didn't corner her in public did he? Did he point out her short comings to any one other than her? It isn't like he badgered her with tens, hundreds or thousands of emails.

In his response to her bulling story, he even offered to help her in any way that he could. This doesn't seem like the actions of a man bent on tormenting someone( i.e bulling).

This is certainly only my own opinion, but I feel that if you accept a position where you are going to be in the public eye than you should be prepared for some criticism. Earned or not!

Check message as spam, problem solved.

By the way I have a bmi that shows that I am obese. I here stuff all the time, if I were to complain every time I heard some comment I didn't like nothing would ever get done.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote