Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #11
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

some great stuff!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
RobMoriRB
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 3
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

Im going to use this for off season drills
Dead Lift: 501

GYM PR
Squat: 405
Bench: 285
Dead Lift: 475

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

This is all fantastic guys, thank you. Busy now, but I'll write a better reply a little later. I just wanted to let you know I really appreciate your advice and whatnot.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
Hazzard
Max Brawn

Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
I can offer nothing but encouragement. I look forward to hearing more. Tear it up.
Thank you buddy, appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoriRB View Post
from what I gather your about 5-9 to 5-10 roughly about 240ish, so right now your sitting at a Defensive End.

exercise you should add are
any explosive work
any strength work

for footwork I can video tape tomorrow the footwork for pass and run and go through technical work
I'm 5'11" and 260/265ish. Defensive end looks pretty cool, I'm game for that. Thank you buddy, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
I would suggest full body for overall strength and conditioning, alternating with plyometrics for explosion off the line. Also, quickness and agility, like running through tires or laid out rope courses, out and backs, cuts and spins without falling down, etc..

As for what position, it is based on your size. LBs are usually pretty big dudes, between 6'2 to 6'5, 240-275 pounds. DEs make plenty of big hits, usually closer to the line of scrimage. LBs are all over the place, and speed counts a lot for them. What is your current height and weight?
Thank you for the advice man, definitely going to start incorporating little courses for footwork and agility. Height and weight is above.

Also, to give people an idea where I stand strength wise I currently roughly have a 240kg squat (all time max is 250kg before I injured my shoulder), 150kg bench press (175 before injury) and a 272.5kg deadlift - so probably more than most football players in this country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I believe JB is the resident expert around here.

I am excited for you! Very cool!
Thank you Jen, I'll keep you guys updated with how it goes!

[quote=Mr.Silverback;278510]Awesome hazz, I played a Lil bit but was better skilled at basketball...lmbo[/QUOTE

Haha, thank you SB, I've never even worn pads so the whole thing is going to be a crazy new experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Once you get the knack of bashing into blokes as a defensive lineman, you'll want nothing to do with linebacker. Line play is where its at! That's very good news, Hazzard. I'm glad to hear you're taking the plunge. I wish you well.
On closer inspection watching drills and plays D-line does look like a hell of a lot of fun! Thank you for the support man, I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Traitor!

j/k, wouldn't mind having a bash at that myself
Shush you, I played rugby for years, I'm allowed to mix it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
There are a lot of things we can do to start preparing. Lots of plyometrics, cleans and variations, foot work drills. You already have a very strong base, and that will carry you a long way. We just have to make sure you have great hip flexibility, and can violently rotate your hips from front to back!

Defensive line is all about having quick feet, hands, and leverage. Depending on what scheme the team runs will dictate responsibilities for you. Generally speaking, you will only ever want to attack half a man, with tight hands.

As far as being a Dend and eventually a LB. Depending on what front you are in, the DEND, could very well be playing LB based on responsibilities. There are lots of unknowns in that part, so lets just work on the athletic part for now as we find out what you will be doing.

For now lets start working in some cleans, Ill try to pull together some videos of basic footwork stuff you can be doing.

As for plyos, I like anything that his hoping and bounding. If you have somewhere to do box jumps, those are great as well.
So basically... hip flexibility, cleans, quick feet and hands, and plyo. Good stuff JB, thank you buddy.

That video was fantastic, definitely going to start doing those drills. Might even just start going outside our house and running around on the grass. Why not, eh?

Just a question though regarding the video. How would you arrange a session using those exercises? For example, on the footwork ones - just do each exercise a couple of times for ten reps each for example? Something like that. Thank you again mate.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #15
Hazzard
Max Brawn

A friend and I are doing power, speed and explosive training on Saturday as well as probably just throwing a ball around to get used to handling it. And for fun.

And a week on Sunday I have tryouts/rookie day for the Renegades. Excited!