Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Weigh In tomorrow...help please (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11099)

Jcleve68 09-13-2012 09:20 PM

Weigh In tomorrow...help please

Alright guys, my powerlifting meet is this Saturday and we can weigh in anytime tomorrow between 9am-9pm. I start my first day of work for 10 tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to go weigh in untill prob. 3-4 maybe later, not sure. The past 2 mornings I weighed 245.4, I need to be at 242 to compete in the 242 weight class...I do not want to compete in the 275 weight class.

Should I continue drinking a lot of water tonight? Tomorrow morning can I eat a light breakfast (eggs whites)? And not eat or drink anything else throughout the day before weigh in? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

BendtheBar 09-13-2012 09:30 PM

No carbs until weigh-in. I would drink minimal water and eat minimal food until then. If you sense any muscle cramps sip some water.

This should be good enough to get you there but it might be close. Perhaps some other guys can chime in.

Is your job a physical job by any chance?

Jcleve68 09-13-2012 09:34 PM

I will be working for Kraft/Nabisco...it's my first day. But I'll basically be stocking the shelves at a Winn-Dixie, so not really physical and I'll be inside...but moving around.

BendtheBar 09-13-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcleve68 (Post 276502)
I will be working for Kraft/Nabisco...it's my first day. But I'll basically be stocking the shelves at a Winn-Dixie, so not really physical and I'll be inside...but moving around.

Don't let yourself get dehydrated. Not sure how hot it will be. Just listen to your body and sip if needed.

Take some Gatorade and some food (protein bars, whatever) to your weigh in and dig in immediately after. Eat yourself into a food coma that night.

Jcleve68 09-13-2012 09:38 PM

Gotcha! As far as tonight should I drink a lot of water...I've heard of water loading but don't quite understand it compeltley.

BendtheBar 09-13-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcleve68 (Post 276506)
Gotcha! As far as tonight should I drink a lot of water...I've heard of water loading but don't quite understand it compeltley.

I don't think it will matter much tonight. You'll end up flushing most of it out tomorrow.

I don't think it will hurt you to drink more water than normal, as long as you're not up half the night urinating, wrecking your sleep, stressing your system, etc.

From my understanding water and sodium loading generally start at least 3 days out. Not sure I would play too much with that tonight.

If you can check a scale after work, that might help. As a last minute resort you could do a hot shower or two to sweat out some water. Hot shower and sweat, cool off, hot shower. That sort of thing.

Again, somebody else might have netter suggestions. I am simply giving you the best advice I have based on personal experiences and what I read.

Jcleve68 09-13-2012 09:51 PM

Oh no, you helped a lot! Thanks!

ehubbard 09-14-2012 07:40 AM

Is this your first meet? If so, forget about what you weigh. Just go in and step on the scale.

J_Byrd 09-14-2012 07:43 AM

At this point I have to agree, you needed to water load for a few days before hand. Just go get on the scale and kick some butt. Worry about being down a class next time. The only alternative you have it take take a water pill and pee for the next 24hrs haha! That will wreck your system though, and if its not something you done before, it could be ugly!

Disciple X 09-14-2012 03:04 PM

Just find a ymca or any place that has a steam room. You can usually pay a $5 fee or similar to visit. Sit im there for 15-20 min at a time followed bya short break, until you hit your target weight. Its easy to cut 3 or 4 pounds in an hour. Rehydrate immediately after your weigh in.