Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Paralympics (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10960)

5kgLifter 08-29-2012 11:49 AM

Paralympics
 
Starts in 2 hours and 12 minutes time; is it being covered in the USA at all? I'm assuming so but with the lack of coverage you seemed to get of the Olympics, I just wondered.

BendtheBar 08-29-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 272240)
Starts in 2 hours and 12 minutes time; is it being covered in the USA at all? I'm assuming so but with the lack of coverage you seemed to get of the Olympics, I just wondered.

Don't think so. Never seen coverage here in the states.

My kids and I would love to watch the games.

Rich Knapp 08-29-2012 12:08 PM

Here in the states people aren't as excepting of people with disabilities as over sea's. We kind of sweep them under the rug and do as little as posable unless forced to.
Unless we personally know someone for the most part.

Sad but true.


People say "You are such a inspiration" and say they look up to you then turn around and give you a dirty look or scream when they get a ticket for parking in a Handicap stall or go ahead of you into the restroom handicap stall and look funny at you when they come out 15 min's later and your sitting there waiting and pissed yourself because they didn't use the open stall the next door over, that wasn't handicap.

5kgLifter 08-29-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 272251)
Don't think so. Never seen coverage here in the states.

My kids and I would love to watch the games.

Maybe you'll be able to find something online, hopefully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Knapp (Post 272253)
Here in the states people aren't as excepting of people with disabilities as over sea's. We kind of sweep them under the rug and do as little as posable unless forced to.
Unless we personally know someone.

Sad but true.

That is sad to hear, especially when the USA will be represented in the games as well.

5kgLifter 08-29-2012 12:20 PM

Twelve wheelchair basketball teams will be divided in two groups, from which the top four teams advance to the knockout stage. Competing in Group A with USA will be Turkey, Spain and Italy. USA opens play on August 30 against Turkey.

U.S. Paralympics Men?s Wheelchair Basketball Team looks to bring swagger to London

5kgLifter 08-29-2012 12:22 PM

I don't know if anyone outside of the UK can use this link but posting just in case:

ParalympicSportTV - YouTube

Rich Knapp 08-29-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 272263)
I don't know if anyone outside of the UK can use this link but posting just in case:

ParalympicSportTV - YouTube


Tannhauser 08-29-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 272251)
Don't think so. Never seen coverage here in the states.

My kids and I would love to watch the games.

What a shame, it's being really strongly promoted on TV over here. Two of my friends are off to watch some of the events this week.

Take a look at the ad (embedding disabled, but watch it at the site)


Rich Knapp 08-29-2012 01:50 PM


Rich Knapp 08-29-2012 01:52 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.