Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Steve Shaw: Expert and Pro Bodybuilder (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10868)

BendtheBar 08-17-2012 12:33 PM

Steve Shaw: Expert and Pro Bodybuilder

I've officially become an expert.

5x5 Workout Instructions | LIVESTRONG.COM

Quote:

Fitness expert Steve Shaw recommends starting with two warmup sets using less than your maximum weight to create an effective 5x5 workout.

And a pro bodybuilder!

Weight Training Workouts From Professionals | LIVESTRONG.COM

Quote:

Pro bodybuilder Steve Shaw of Muscle and Strength offers a five-day split for effectively building strength.
It seems Livestrong.com is building articles completely off a mangled combination of other articles. One paragraph paraphrases article A, the next article B, and so on...

I've skimmed the site for my name and found that these types of articles are wildly popular on that site. What they are doing is paying keyboard writers $10 an hour to churn out trash, and because of Livestrong's site weight with Google, they funnel more traffic away from the real articles, and into their pocket.

No real writing involved. Much easier than coming up with their own ideas.

So if you've wondered why a lot of Livestrong articles appear to be crap, it's because they will snipe and hype anyone and everyone even if they are clueless like me.

bruteforce 08-17-2012 12:35 PM

I never knew you were so accomplished in every field! I should just write an algorithm to jack other places articles, run every 3rd word through a random synonym generator, and get rich.

dmaipa 08-17-2012 12:35 PM

hahaha..livestrong has a lot of random articles that I've come across and google does love them..hey they love you too BTB

IronWill 08-17-2012 12:36 PM

Clueless maybe, but now famous!

BendtheBar 08-17-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruteforce (Post 269072)
I never knew you were so accomplished in every field! I should just write an algorithm to jack other places articles, run every 3rd word through a random synonym generator, and get rich.

That's exactly how to do it.

Google generally ignores content mills like this. There is an entire market comprised of people paid to re-write articles. It's HUGE. Far larger than any of you can imagine. Sites comprised of a 1000 articles. Many of them are also re-written by a computer program. Seriously.

Google PLR article re-writer, or article rewriting software.

Livestrong is basically taking this Google-banned practice and doing it anyway, leveraging that Google won't care because of Livestrong's size and the ad revenue Google generates from Livestrong.

It's not ok to cheat, unless you're Livestrong.

BendtheBar 08-17-2012 12:45 PM

What Does The Barbell Deadlift Work Out? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Quote:

Adopt a wide stance with your feet more than shoulder-width apart. Grasp the bar with a shoulder-width mixed grip between your legs. Bodybuilder Steve Shaw says the sumo deadlift is less taxing on the lower back...

RobMoriRB 08-17-2012 12:51 PM

can I get your autograph Mr. Shaw I seen your articles on Livestrong and I never knew you can be a PL/BB at the same time with over 5%BMI....but seriously you should make some money off them lol

5kgLifter 08-17-2012 01:04 PM

W.O.D

W.O.D is courtesy of Barbara Greene

:tomato: I guess copy and paste must be popular

BendtheBar 08-17-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 269087)
W.O.D

W.O.D is courtesy of Barbara Greene

:tomato: I guess copy and paste must be popular

Yes.

Some are just smart and pay workers $1 an article to re-write it.

Tannhauser 08-17-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 269078)
That's exactly how to do it.

Google generally ignores content mills like this. There is an entire market comprised of people paid to re-write articles. It's HUGE. Far larger than any of you can imagine. Sites comprised of a 1000 articles. Many of them are also re-written by a computer program. Seriously.

Google PLR article re-writer, or article rewriting software.

Livestrong is basically taking this Google-banned practice and doing it anyway, leveraging that Google won't care because of Livestrong's size and the ad revenue Google generates from Livestrong.

It's not ok to cheat, unless you're Livestrong.

I've read a lot about this. I think the people generating those type of sites are contemptible, because (1) they exploit other people's hard work, (2) they recycle articles indiscriminately, so not only good stuff gets recycled, but garbage as well and (3) because writer or software have got no understanding of the subject matter, they introduce stupid mistakes, adding to the weight of misinformation already out there.

Scum.