Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Health Care: Fired, Daughter Dies

Interesting story:

Quote:
"Wells Fargo allegedly fired an employee because his dying daughter needed expensive cancer treatment, according to a lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Court on Thursday. Wells Fargo fired mortgage consultant Yovany Gonzalez three days before his daughter Mackenzie was scheduled to get cancer surgery in August of 2010, the lawsuit states. According to the suit, the hospital canceled the surgery because Mackenzie no longer was covered by health insurance...".* Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur discuss on The Young Turks.

*Read more here from Bonnie Kavoussi in The Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...zalez_n_175146...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

I saw a film, some months ago, based on a true story which was practically identical to this; the guy got fired and nobody would employ him because his daughter needed care and the company was paying out too much on his health insurance etc...would that sound about right?

The President became involved in the end and it had a happy ending after lots of turmoil but...I guess it's always going to happen, by the looks of it, and don't know what era the film was based on but obviously that sort of stuff is still ongoing.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
I saw a film, some months ago, based on a true story which was practically identical to this; the guy got fired and nobody would employ him because his daughter needed care and the company was paying out too much on his health insurance etc...would that sound about right?
Sounds right.

Similar story...

My wife has a co-worked who's son was born with a near endless amount of health issues. They've burned through their lifetime limit in 6 months. They can never coverage on anything again, as long as she works there. Or from that health company (perhaps others) for that matter.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Damn, that is ****ed up. Happy that I live in sweden - Free healthcare!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Why wait until cobra eligibility runs out, I would not, considering that my daughter might die without it.

All this man had to do was pay his premium, so why did the hospital cancel the surgery.

And why is he not also suing the hospital?

If an employee of mine was to falsify his time card, I would fire him also. And I would readily provide the reason for his termination should another company ask.

I would consider time card theft to be gross misconduct, and therefore according to Federal Cobra a employee who commits such an act would not qualify for Cobra benefits.

This story seems thrown together, I certainly would not trust the huff post and the young turks (Current tv).

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

He wasn't fired for falsifying his time sheet. He was fired because "He didn't fill out his time sheet correctly." This is a commonplace mistake, and I've never seen a quality employee fired for forgetting a time sheet variable. I have seen some knucklehead abusers warned for it over the years, but they were never fired.

I've worked in numerous blue collar and white collar jobs that require time sheets, and have had a foot in my ass more than once for forgetting a job number on the time sheet, or a date, etc. Most time sheets are computerized, and many companies that have time sheets also require project details and specifics. So there could have been any number of minor details he forgot.

If this was McDonalds then it's simply a matter of name and clock number. For the rest of the working world, time sheets have evolved and it's not uncommon for them to include a myriad of details so that clients can be billed appropriately.

Forgetting a detail or required field isn't the same as falsifying information.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-13-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

I was actually instructed to increase the time I was allocating to a job, because I was putting 7 minutes, and 3 minutes etc...I was informed that the minimum time a job was permitted to be allocated was 15 minutes... It got confusing because several kobs were run simultaneously and I would have ended up with a 15-hour day (for an 12 hour day) if they all got allocated 15-minutes minimum...made my task harder; pretty much the only option was to slow down and not get as much work done or hope I didn't have jobs that could be run simultaneoulsy without keep altering machine settings which was the issue.

So, technically, the company had me "falsify" a time sheet.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
So, technically, the company had me "falsify" a time sheet.
Yes, and they could have fired you for filling it out incorrectly.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #9
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
He wasn't fired for falsifying his time sheet. He was fired because "He didn't fill out his time sheet correctly." This is a commonplace mistake, and I've never seen a quality employee fired for forgetting a time sheet variable. I have seen some knucklehead abusers warned for it over the years, but they were never fired.

I've worked in numerous blue collar and white collar jobs that require time sheets, and have had a foot in my ass more than once for forgetting a job number on the time sheet, or a date, etc. Most time sheets are computerized, and many companies that have time sheets also require project details and specifics. So there could have been any number of minor details he forgot.

If this was McDonalds then it's simply a matter of name and clock number. For the rest of the working world, time sheets have evolved and it's not uncommon for them to include a myriad of details so that clients can be billed appropriately.

Forgetting a detail or required field isn't the same as falsifying information.
"González says was terminated in August 2010 for falsifying time sheets. He claims he was working odd hours and was told if he couldn’t remember his hours he could fudge the time sheet".

Read more: Employee Claims Wells Fargo Fired Him Over Daughters Cancer Treatment | Fox News Latino

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #10
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

You guys need to get this shit sorted. In no way should the health of a country's population be for-profit. If we ever lose the NHS I'm outta here!