Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #141
Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

I officially have no idea how any games are going to turn out. My football pool picks are going into the negative.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #142
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

NFL admits error in Seahawks-Packers game but upholds result ? USATODAY.com

Quote:
"This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference," the statement says, "which would have ended the game"
in a victory for the Packers.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #143
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

The "non call" for offensive pass interference could have just as easily happened with regular refs. There is "non called" contact on almost every play. I was surprised at the explaination given by the NFL. I was unaware of the dual possession rule in the endzone. With that rule in effect, it looks like by the time they touched the endzone, both Tate and Jennings had the ball. If that is the case, the refs got it right. WoW!

They still need to get the regular refs back ASAP.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #144
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Beating a dead hose, but this is an interesting read:

Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch stunned at replay of controversial final play Monday night - Yahoo! Sports

Old 09-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #145
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

First off, I'd like to see the regular officials back simply because the replacements have no control of the game. We have helmet to helmet hits, quarterbacks losing pieces of ears, chippiness and fighting. The players are acting like junior high students with a long term substitute teacher. They are taking unnecessary cheap shots and trying to get away with extra nonsense simply because they feel there is no chance of repercussion. How long before somebody gets seriously hurt? The sad thing is, this won't stop UNTIL somebody gets hurt, OR the fans quit watching/going to games, OR the players threaten to strike.

Secondly, shame on Green Bay for being in a position against Seattle...AGAINST FREAKING SEATTLE where a play like that could cost them. Rodgers was sacked 9 times. They could only muster up 12 points. Green Bay didn't perform well enough to deserve to win that game.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #146
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Texans against the 49ers in the Superbowl, I'm calling it now. I'd be tempted to say the Falcons, but they have an awesome habit of shitting the bed during the play-offs. If this happens I'm rooting for the Texans, J.J. Watt is a beast.

Other considerations: Patriots (nah, reckon we'll lose to Houston or...), Ravens (same as above, but replace Falcons with Flacco).
Old 09-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #147
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Secondly, shame on Green Bay for being in a position against Seattle...AGAINST FREAKING SEATTLE where a play like that could cost them. Rodgers was sacked 9 times. They could only muster up 12 points. Green Bay didn't perform well enough to deserve to win that game.
Funny, Cowboy's fans said the same thing. Might be time for somebody to realize that Seattle actually has a good defense
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #148
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I've been telling people for 8 games now that Rodger has lost some confidence and is no longer making quick decisions. He's holding the ball far too long.

But, people keep telling me he's the MVP

Old 09-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #149
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I've been telling people for 8 games now that Rodger has lost some confidence and is no longer making quick decisions. He's holding the ball far too long.

But, people keep telling me he's the MVP
Is he hurt? I mean there was one play in the first half where he went back to pass, and just fell down. Does he have a bum leg or knee or something? Otherwise, I think he's a more than capable QB. I'd put him on my team any day.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #150
Clickster
AX Ultra Rep
Brawn
Points: 250, Level: 4 Points: 250, Level: 4 Points: 250, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Supp: SuperSize
Clickster has made some quality postsClickster has made some quality postsClickster has made some quality postsClickster has made some quality postsClickster has made some quality postsClickster has made some quality postsClickster has made some quality posts

I am really struggling! Time for a comeback!
Clickster is offline   Reply With Quote