Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
Gaz6682
All-Rounder
Max Brawn
Points: 2,447, Level: 29 Points: 2,447, Level: 29 Points: 2,447, Level: 29
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 2 Years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: USN Muscle Fuel Anabolic
Gaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Agreed. I would like to point out that there mascot is a clown. So olypmic athletes or not, they are still marketing to children.
As you said though, it's the parents job to be a parent and guide there children.
Let the athletes get paid.
I'd also add that it's nice to see schools taking a more active role in educating children about nutrition. Is this the same in the US?

"If you want to look like some Abercrombie model, then find another program and enjoy your nice, easy training style. If you are serious about adding muscle to your frame, then get under the damn bar and make it happen"
Gaz6682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz6682 View Post
I'd also add that it's nice to see schools taking a more active role in educating children about nutrition. Is this the same in the US?
I want the government schools NO WHERE NEAR my future kids nutrition education. They teach grains and grains and lean meat and grains. Fat for brain growth, meat for strength.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #13
Gaz6682
All-Rounder
Max Brawn

Gaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributorGaz6682 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
I want the government schools NO WHERE NEAR my future kids nutrition education. They teach grains and grains and lean meat and grains. Fat for brain growth, meat for strength.
The 'Jamie Oliver Effect' hasn't grown over there then? As annoying as he can be what he has done for nutrition is schools is highly commendable.

"If you want to look like some Abercrombie model, then find another program and enjoy your nice, easy training style. If you are serious about adding muscle to your frame, then get under the damn bar and make it happen"
Old 08-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #14
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
The 'Jamie Oliver Effect' hasn't grown over there then? As annoying as he can be what he has done for nutrition is schools is highly commendable.
Not really. Some districts won't allow kids to bring their own lunch, and food items available are along with lines of breaded chicken nuggets and nasty french fries
Old 08-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #15
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

I saw/heard/read a report that Oly athletes' food staples were pizza, beer, and ice cream which made me feel good as I guzzled a miller high life to wash down a slice of Little Caesar's before eating Breyer's right out of the carton.

On a more serious note though, it only bugs me slightly that these athletes have to sell McD's in this way. It's not much different than any IFBB pro saying that the brand of pre-workout/protein/post WO/fat burner supp they endorse is responsible for their body's appearance.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
He tried over here but his show ran into an insane amount of school system and political bureaucracy. At least the episodes I watched.

Remember, tomato sauce is a veggie over here. Corn oil is soon to be a veggie too, I imagine, despite the fact it's a grain product. Whatever the lobbyists can buy off, or buy in.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #17
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
No different than Jay Cutler's Cell Tech...They prey on the dumb and desperate.
I ordered X-Ray glasses from the back of my comic book...Did Not Work as advertised.
Wait! Wut? they don't work? Mine are supposed to be here today! dang it!

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Mine worked! And so did Joe Weider's self defense course. I WAS able to take out 2 attackers! Really!

Joe knows karate, men. Joe KNOWS karate.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #19
Gaz6682
All-Rounder
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
He tried over here but his show ran into an insane amount of school system and political bureaucracy. At least the episodes I watched.

Remember, tomato sauce is a veggie over here. Corn oil is soon to be a veggie too, I imagine, despite the fact it's a grain product. Whatever the lobbyists can buy off, or buy in.
I read a stat in a magazine that claimed 1 in 5 parents thought chips or french fries as you guys know them count as one of your 5 a day. Frightening!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
I read a stat in a magazine that claimed 1 in 5 parents thought chips or french fries as you guys know them count as one of your 5 a day. Frightening!
White bread over here is considered a healthy carb choice. Even carb-centric school meals are usually accompanied by a slice of white bread to meat the government carb standards.