Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #31
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

I have to agree with most of the discussion, it isn't that big of a deal. When you are training consistently with a specified regiment day in and day out, your body adapts to a certain level.

It is the same with eating, if you more or less "reset" your metabolism through a strict regiment and compliment that with a grueling training regiment like the elite athletes have, then most of them will consume 4-6K calories per day without seeing a detrimental effect to their performance. Especially because to be able to consume 4-6K calories of "clean" food is monumental.

It's not easy, but it is possible for any type of athlete to be able to do this, it just takes dedication and a heavy knowledge of your body and nutrition
Shorts is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #32
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I think that if a product is legally for sale in any given country, the producers of said product should have the right to advertise. It wasn't too long ago that makers of hard liquor were not allowed to advertise on TV, along with cigarettes. Nowadays, hard liquor is allowed to advertise on TV, yet Tobacco companies are not allowed to advertise anywhere. (No, I am not comparing McD's to alcohol or tobacco, but there is alot of hypocrisy in advertising laws) Who is to judge what product is good and/or bad for us? I am not sure if I want to leave that decision in the hands of the Government.

I reckon that decision needs to be made by the people, and in turn by consumers.

I also have to wonder what the actual athletes point of view is, deep down in their hearts. Do they feel some guilt? Hmmmm.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote