Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
Iron Gladiator
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,577, Level: 30 Points: 2,577, Level: 30 Points: 2,577, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Iron Gladiator is a dedicated contributorIron Gladiator is a dedicated contributorIron Gladiator is a dedicated contributorIron Gladiator is a dedicated contributorIron Gladiator is a dedicated contributorIron Gladiator is a dedicated contributorIron Gladiator is a dedicated contributorIron Gladiator is a dedicated contributorIron Gladiator is a dedicated contributorIron Gladiator is a dedicated contributorIron Gladiator is a dedicated contributor
Default Is Extra Protein Needed During Bodybuilding Bulking

Is extra protein needed during bodybuilding bulking? Do you need to crack open 4 more cans of tuna, fry up another pound of chicken breasts, or slam protein drinks like a crazy drunk at a kegger?The answer in no.Extra protein is not needed during bulking periods. A study performed by Chiang and Huang reveals that [...]

More...
Iron Gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Interesting! Maybe I will have that slice of coconut cream pie for dessert.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Interesting! Maybe I will have that slice of coconut cream pie for dessert.
I think it's odd how bodybuilders have become so focused on over-eating protein. I understand that a minimum is needed, of course, but some guys bulk with 400+ grams a day. Another fallacy from the need for over-supplementation, perhaps?

Quote:
It doesn’t matter where the additional calories come from. You can eat more protein if you desire, but more protein is not a necessity.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

As long as I'm comming clean. My post workout nutrition has been this.

Whey protein drink with 3 fish oil caps, and 3 dessicated liver tabs,
and some oreo's. Usually about 4, maybe 5.

I'm usually in a hurry to get out the door and get to the school to pick up one of the kids. Later I have my last real meal of the day.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
As long as I'm comming clean. My post workout nutrition has been this.

Whey protein drink with 3 fish oil caps, and 3 dessicated liver tabs,
and some oreo's. Usually about 4, maybe 5.

I'm usually in a hurry to get out the door and get to the school to pick up one of the kids. Later I have my last real meal of the day.
When I'm not cutting my post-workout is 2 Poptarts and a big ass glass of milk.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

My post work out meal is usually anything I can get my hands on, I eat until I am full. Wait a few hours then I have a meal that is relatively clean. My theory is that after I work out I just need a lot of calories and I do not have time to wait for a chicken breast.
jwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
My post work out meal is usually anything I can get my hands on, I eat until I am full. Wait a few hours then I have a meal that is relatively clean. My theory is that after I work out I just need a lot of calories and I do not have time to wait for a chicken breast.
That's the way to go, brother. I have always eaten a big meal of whatever after training. I call it the lawnmower school of post-workout nutrition.

Fire it up, and whatever's in your path gets chewed up.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
That's the way to go, brother. I have always eaten a big meal of whatever after training. I call it the lawnmower school of post-workout nutrition.

Fire it up, and whatever's in your path gets chewed up.
I like that theory, it has worked so far, so I am not going to change.
jwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Like this!!

Old 10-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Like this!!

That's it!