Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member
Default Strength in the Real World

Just a quick observation..

I live out in the country, on a BIG corner lot, so I have about 500 feet of deep ditch line around my property. Every so often I have to take my push mower and mow along the sides of the ditch...probably close to a 60 degree drop.

In years past it about killed me to do this, stand on the edge of the ditch, lower the mower down and pull it back up....back, shoulder, traps...killer.

Went out this morning to do it for the first time this year (also first time since I lost 100 lbs, and after 5 month of lifting) It was a piece of cake...at times I was pulling the mower up with 1 hand. I did the entire 500 feet, I used to take 3-4 days to do it all. Back, shoulder, traps....not tired at all, I could have done the whole neighborhood....

Anyway, just wanted to share a real world difference my new lifestyle had made.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Yeah, mowing steep grass banks is no joke, we had those on 3 sides of the property; I had to use the one handed technique when mowing as well, just to keep the cable clear of the blades.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Yeah buddy! Congrats on the strength gain. Its a great feeling when your hard work in the gym makes normal life better!
Old 07-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
mr_bigmuscles
Max Brawn
Points: 3,064, Level: 34 Points: 3,064, Level: 34 Points: 3,064, Level: 34
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: about a year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: meat
mr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributor

Being stronger makes life easier.

There's a berm along the back of our property that spends 3/4 of the year totally barren, then thistles sprout up in the spring. They get about 4 feet high before I bother to get out there and yank them all out. I don't know if you've ever pulled a 4foot thistle but they get a taproot about a foot and a half in and they don't wanna come up... anyhow last year it took me the whole weekend and just ruined me; this year I did it in about 2 hours and never stopped for a break.

Log
mr_bigmuscles is offline   Reply With Quote