Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Lifting App Ideas (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10431)

BendtheBar 07-01-2012 03:01 PM

Lifting App Ideas

Titan and Gasp were mentioning that most lifting Apps seem aimed at soccer moms, and lack a bit.

Anything you'd like to see in a Lifting App?

Maybe if we get some good ideas Bruteforce might be interested in turning this into reality. (No pressure ;)

LtL 07-01-2012 03:09 PM

Tommy Fannon (from Outlaws) has one called LiftTracker. I haven't seen it yet but Outlaws people seem to like it.

LtL

RobMoriRB 07-01-2012 03:10 PM

umm maybe be able to build a work out plan

5kgLifter 07-01-2012 03:13 PM

No idea what a soccermom is.

But...

What do most lifting apps have on them?
What is their function?

Jen 07-01-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 255611)
No idea what a soccermom is.

But...

What do most lifting apps have on them?
What is their function?

A soccer mom is a cardio bunny. A person who sweats to the oldies and drinks slimfast.

I would love a MAB app. I dont even know where to begin...... workout calculators like you have here. Some type of forum like thing so we can log our workouts. Not necessarily for anyone else to see, more of a journal type thing. I looked at a bunch of workout apps and they were all excel spread sheets, etc, so any lifting log was messy looking. Nothing free form -- I found it really irritating.

Fazc 07-01-2012 03:31 PM

I typed 'Soccer mom' into google images and some very naughty things came up!

J_Byrd 07-01-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 255624)
I typed 'Soccer mom' into google images and some very naughty things came up!

your reply should have said "thank you" lol

gaspers04 07-01-2012 03:50 PM

A format where we can input real lifts, weights, reps, etc that we can customize to our specific needs. A progress tracker weight, reps, Body weight, etc. Also a quick reference chart so we can see our progress at a glance. The ability to use it mobile or PC based and to be able to sync between the two... and MAB...hehe. Just a start. TO track cardio and diet as well maybe.

Jen 07-01-2012 04:58 PM

Yes. What Gasp said.

bamazav 07-01-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaspers04 (Post 255631)
A format where we can input real lifts, weights, reps, etc that we can customize to our specific needs. A progress tracker weight, reps, Body weight, etc. Also a quick reference chart so we can see our progress at a glance. The ability to use it mobile or PC based and to be able to sync between the two... and MAB...hehe. Just a start. TO track cardio and diet as well maybe.

This plus the ability to log warmup sets and more working sets than 5. Also calculate total tonnage and 1 RM.

I use Logger on my iPad. It is okay but only logs 5 sets per exercise and calculates 1rm by averaging your total sets. This provides some inaccurate numbers.