Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
E_Barnes
New Brawn
Points: 290, Level: 5 Points: 290, Level: 5 Points: 290, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

E_Barnes is off to a good startE_Barnes is off to a good startE_Barnes is off to a good start
Default When did you decide you wanted to compete?

When did you decide that you wanted to compete? Was there something that motivated you to do so? I was thinking about maybe training to compete because I think that it would give me some severe motivation.
E_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I was motivated to compete because I wanted it off my bucket list, and because I wanted to see if powerlifting was something I wanted to continue to invest my time in.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

same as BTB, but mine was bodybuilding..it was on my bucket list of things to do, and plus i was bored with what was going on in my life at that time. needed some kind of purpose. definitely want to compete again.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Since childhood I have always competed at something. Steve guided me towards powerlifting and a whole world of knowledge and heavy weights. Good times.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

I started lifting less than 3 monts ago. I have a meet next week -- oddly enough on the 3 month anniversary of the 1st time I picked up a weight . I had no intention of ever competing -- especially this soon!! If you'd told me this 3 months ago I would've laughed in your face. I got inspired to do it from watching/reading the activities of the members of MAB. This community is very inspiring!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Barnes View Post
because I think that it would give me some severe motivation.
I should add it ^ gives most people motivation, and confidence. It is a rush; not something you want to do everyday, but it adds focus. it becomes more difficult to train without a strong purpose.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote