Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   pants size to waist measurement (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10288)

Bill 06-16-2012 08:55 AM

pants size to waist measurement
 
Mens jeans/pants are measured in inches...34 pants are for a 34" waist.

How the heck am i wearing size 32 pants when no point between my hips and chest is less than 38"?

they aren't tight or loose...in fact, i need a belt with 34's.

:confused:

IronWill 06-16-2012 09:00 AM

Because they aren't really size 32. I read an article a while back about how the clothing industry has been lying to us about clothing sizes. I guess to make us feel better about how fat Americans have become in general.

Off Road 06-16-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWill (Post 251457)
Because they aren't really size 32. I read an article a while back about how the clothing industry has been lying to us about clothing sizes. I guess to make us feel better about how fat Americans have become in general.

That's funny. Have men really become that preoccupied with beauty?

BendtheBar 06-16-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 251470)
That's funny. Have men really become that preoccupied with beauty?

The kids sure have.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...9_546276_n.jpghttp://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile...4115_599_n.jpg

5kgLifter 06-16-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 251456)
Mens jeans/pants are measured in inches...34 pants are for a 34" waist.

How the heck am i wearing size 32 pants when no point between my hips and chest is less than 38"?

they aren't tight or loose...in fact, i need a belt with 34's.

:confused:

Yeah, like IW says, clothing size is not an accurate reflection of true measurements; clothing sizes also vary amongst manufacturers. Female clothing has lots of problems in that area and ours work solely off 12 or 14 or 4 etc with little actual measurement but they still vary and it astounds me when a person wears a UK size 10 and I cannot get in to a UK size 10 even though I'm smaller than they are :confused: different brands, different machinists, different sizes all over the place.


Wear whatever fits and just know your actual measurements; I often wear kiddies clothes or young mens clothing 13-14y/o for my workouts...it fits, I wear it...bras area is a bit of a problem though, 'cos guys don't wear those, so female section it is for that item of clothing :)

Fazc 06-16-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 251472)
...clothing sizes also vary amongst manufacturers.

Yep, it varies so much from store to store. If you want to wear something which actually fits well, you inevitably have to try it on as you really can't go by marked sizes any more. It makes shopping in general a royal PITA and internet shopping impossible.

I tend to stick to one store for my work suits and shirts. As it's just far simpler.

IronWill 06-16-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 251470)
That's funny. Have men really become that preoccupied with beauty?

Some of them pathetically so!:eek:

Fazc 06-16-2012 09:59 AM

Nothing wrong with training for looks! This is why people think we're a strength only forum!

No-one should be mocking each other goals, none of us are doing anything that ground breaking here.

Jen 06-16-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 251471)

They both need hair cuts. Badly. And a dozen or so cheeseburgers.

Tannhauser 06-16-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 251472)
.bras area is a bit of a problem though, 'cos guys don't wear those

* Ahem *


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.