Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Gym Pet Peeves (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1012)

BendtheBar 10-18-2009 10:58 AM

Gym Pet Peeves

Feel free to add your own gym pet peeves.

So my wife and I are working out yesterday...she finishes early, and decided that it would be a good idea to change the cat litter box while I'm front squatting.

I train in the basement, and while there's a small wall between me and the cat box, dust and cat pooyam is still flying through the air. I can taste cat shit and litter as I rep out.

That, my friends, is a pet peeve...

glwanabe 10-18-2009 11:27 AM

Most are my peeves were dealt with when I got my own stuff at home. Still, there are a few things that can irk me. Thankfully I usually have my time at home by myself, so I don't get interrupted too often.

Just let me finish my workout. Don't come and talk to me about other household crap. Just give me my hour so I can concentrate on what I'm doing.

Coming in the garage with me? Be prepared to work in, and shut up.
The laundry will wait.

rippednmichigan 10-18-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 7714)
Feel free to add your own gym pet peeves.

So my wife and I are working out yesterday...she finishes early, and decided that it would be a good idea to change the cat litter box while I'm front squatting.

I train in the basement, and while there's a small wall between me and the cat box, dust and cat pooyam is still flying through the air. I can taste cat shit and litter as I rep out.

That, my friends, is a pet peeve...

Did you notice the pun here "PET" peeve. :rockon:

rippednmichigan 10-18-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 7717)
Most are my peeves were dealt with when I got my own stuff at home. Still, there are a few things that can irk me. Thankfully I usually have my time at home by myself, so I don't get interrupted too often.

Just let me finish my workout. Don't come and talk to me about other household crap. Just give me my hour so I can concentrate on what I'm doing.

Coming in the garage with me? Be prepared to work in, and shut up.
The laundry will wait.

:ditto:Do we have the same family?

beam 10-18-2009 11:58 AM

Talkers. They are the reason I bought my Bose ear buds. My zune on 16 and I cant hear the fire alarm.

glwanabe 10-18-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippednmichigan (Post 7721)
:ditto:Do we have the same family?

I have a Wife, and three Daughters. I'm the only testosterone based life form in my hut.

BendtheBar 10-18-2009 12:17 PM

I have a wife, 2 daughters, 3 cats and a dog. One of the cats is male. That's it.

rippednmichigan 10-18-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 7733)
I have a wife, 2 daughters, 3 cats and a dog. One of the cats is male. That's it.

so both of you spray all over the place huh:turtle:

BendtheBar 10-18-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 7717)

That's a HUGE issue with me.

I just want to be left alone. I tell my wife that several hundred times a year during workouts, but she still doesn't get it.

Sometimes she wants a hug when I'm in between squat sets.

BendtheBar 10-18-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippednmichigan (Post 7735)
so both of you spray all over the place huh:turtle:

Yeah, you could say that!