Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
henryh
Brawn
Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

henryh has made some quality postshenryh has made some quality postshenryh has made some quality postshenryh has made some quality postshenryh has made some quality postshenryh has made some quality posts
Default Your opinion

Are male and female body builders portrayed the same? What is your opinion on this, and do you feel that it is right to portray them the same or differently?
henryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Society in general has a positive view of male professional bodybuilders, but has a negative view of professional female bodybuilders. Professional bodybuilding with all its drug abuse exagerates the "maleness" with extremely large muscles, which society just won't accept in their women. Do I agree with it? I aint going there
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

society hates on bb'ers, but especially on the women. The even more screwed up part is that there are dudes with female bodybuilder fetishes...and having seen some of the messages my friends get, who are women...they are beyond screwed up in the head. very brazen and lewd.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

"Society" in general is fairly ignorant on this topic. In fact, society in general is fairly ignorant on most things. This is rather ironic considering the amount of information technology people have.

I don't give a rats azz about what society thinks. I try to set an example for my children, and be a good mentor for them. I teach tehm to think critically about things, and to question what they are presented. I do not want my kids to be sheeple.

Other than that I don't care what other people think. I'm responsible for my own happiness and take control of that. If you have a problem with how I live, thats your issue not mine.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryh View Post
Are male and female body builders portrayed the same? What is your opinion on this, and do you feel that it is right to portray them the same or differently?
No, they're not viewed the same.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
...I don't care what other people think. I'm responsible for my own happiness and take control of that. If you have a problem with how I live, thats your issue not mine.
^this
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
mudrunner
Brawn
Points: 1,240, Level: 19 Points: 1,240, Level: 19 Points: 1,240, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

mudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good posts

I do not feel that they are portrayed the same way. It is often fine for males to lift but if a female is bigger than a guy, some do not like it. I do not see anything wrong with a female body builder. If they are happy with how they look then good for them.
mudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote