Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
henryh
Brawn
Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

henryh has made some quality postshenryh has made some quality postshenryh has made some quality postshenryh has made some quality postshenryh has made some quality postshenryh has made some quality posts
Default What do you think of bodybuilding and the Olympics?

I do not know if bodybuilding is an Olympic sport or not. I assume not. Do you think that it would be a good sport to add for the Olympics? Why or why not?
henryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryh View Post
I do not know if bodybuilding is an Olympic sport or not. I assume not. Do you think that it would be a good sport to add for the Olympics? Why or why not?
yes, but by the book its not a sport. Plus the money making giant bber could never pass the band list the Olympics go by, and the natties that could are to small for most to draw a crowd.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
the money making giant bber could never pass the band list the Olympics go by, and the natties that could are to small for most to draw a crowd.
/ thread
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Ben Weider spent years and years trying to get bodybuilding into the olympics. In the 1980s, the Weider mags were full of breathless hope that they were on the road. For example, there was a massive fuss when bodybuilding got included in the Asian Games, which was recognised by the IOC! - that sort of thing. It was never going to come to anything.

I think the general perception would be that bodybuilders don't do anything. Certainly, they work to achieve a particular appearance, but then all they do is display it. Every other sport is primarily about movement: even the ones that are marked on aesthetics, like synchronised swimming. Movement is at the heart of it, not the appearance of the individual. So even though posing is hard work, it's not seen as an athletic competition.

In my view, it's got about as much chance of getting into the olympics as an eating competition.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

it'll never be an olympic sport. people dont even take bodybuilders seriously, they jsut think we're all a bunch of stupid cavemen who lift heavy things. theres no real respect for what people go through, especially during a prep or posing on a stage. Bodybuilders have died during preps due to dehydration and other things...I'm a little biased, but its literally ONE of the most challenging things i've ever witnessed and tho i dont compete, its one of the hardest things ive ever done. It never stops. 24/7/365 im thinking about what im eating, my workouts, my supplements, and on and on.

But yeah, we're just a bunch of morons who "pick things up and put them down"...what the hell do we know?
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote