- - JM Press
||05-06-2011 07:18 PM
Secondary Muscle Groups
: Chest, Shoulders
: Compound Exercise
How to perform JM Press
JM Press Videos
1. Start the exercise the same way you would a close grip bench press. You will lie on a flat bench while holding a barbell at arms length (fully extended) with the elbows in. However, instead of having the arms perpendicular to the torso, make sure the bar is set in a direct line above the upper chest. This will be your starting position.
2. Now beginning from a fully extended position lower the bar down as if performing a lying triceps extension. Inhale as you perform this movement. When you reach the half way point, let the bar roll back about one inch by moving the upper arms towards your legs until they are perpendicular to the torso. Tip: Keep the bend at the elbows constant as you bring the upper arms forward.
3. As you exhale, press the bar back up by using the triceps to perform a close grip bench press.
4. Now go back to the starting position and start over.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variation: You could use dumbbells to perform this movement.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.