Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Diet Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Diet Logs Keep your diet/eating plan logs here.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #11
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Another normal day today, which means shakes all day. I had some ground beef early afternoon, then for dinner it was 3 ribeyes and a massive parmesan crusted baked pork chop.

Good times.

Nothing else to report. Back to work tomorrow after 2 sick days.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #12
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

weight check- 230.3

Ok, that's a little low. I'm not really sure if I'm losing too fast or if the transition from a high carb diet to a no carb, high protein diet has me purging fluids, but I didn't expect to lose over 10lb in 1 week.

I do know that my body looks deflated. Not training upper body and losing that much weight...when I look in the mirror I feel like a normal person. Compare that to the alpha male feeling I get when I'm on and it's all a little depressing.

My upper hamstrings/lower glutes feel tight all the time now. Every time I squat or bend over at all its all I can feel, and I definitely don't feel very strong at the moment. I just need to fight through it. I'm just going to keep going everything I can to keep my lower body strength while I cut, and I've got a lot of cutting left to do.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #13
Soldier
Max Brawn

Today's weight- 230.4

I was actually 230.2 last night, the result of spending most of the day outside yesterday and not being able to eat/drink carbs, which made it very hard to stay hydrated. It was a hard day, and I ended up going to bed around 7:30.

Well, I made it to Friday. It's time for carbs. I just had a ground beef wrap with a glass of milk. The first milk or carbs of any kind I've had in a week. It's going to be a good day.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #14
Soldier
Max Brawn

Ok, there's been a change. I can't do the low/no carb thing. I've come to acept that I just can't limit my carb intake as it just destroys my motivations and performance, which are both pretty damn important. Saturday I had a dismal training session, then Sunday instead of training I starting eating carbs again, then Monday I trained again and the difference was night and day. I finally feel like myself again, and the weights moved like they were supposed to.

Unfortauntely this leaves me with the dilema of having to figure out which way to go with my diet. I'm going to be continuing to do shakes mostly throughout the day, but with milk instead of water. Then for dinner it will a moderately sized meal with lots of protein, but plenty of fat and carbs too. I'm not going to limit anything except my total calories.

I've got to fit all the pieces together like a puzzle. I've got to lose fat while trying to keep muscle and strength and do it in a way that makes logistical sense for my life. I'll figure it out, because I HAVE to lose some fat. Not a lot, but I need at least 10lb gone.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #15
Soldier
Max Brawn

Weight check- 231.5. Considering that I started consuming carbs again only a few days ago, I'm happy with that weight. It's a hell of a lot better than 242, and I can see the difference in the mirror.

I'm starting to nail down my diet. I need more protein. A LOT more protein than I've been getting. It's protein that keeps me full, and it's being full that allows me to keep the calories down.

My new favorite dinner is steak (purchased when I was still planning to follow the original diet) and baked potatoes with butter and cheese. This and homemade hamburgers are all I've had for dinner for the last 4 nights. Plenty of fats, carbs, and protein. Plenty of everything, but I'm still losing because of my overall caloric intake.

I'm going to be continuing to use protein shakes throughout the day to keep me full, then I'll eat basically whatever I want for dinner. As long as I keep my intake down during the day and keep my dinners homemade, this should keep my intake low enough to continue to slowly and steadily lose weight while I'm doing the 15 week long Smolov cycle, while consuming plenty of carbs to get me through the tough, heavy sessions that are to come.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #16
Soldier
Max Brawn

2 protein shakes and 2 ham and turkey sandwiches today, all leading up to the Pineapple chicken my wife made in the crockpot with some wild rice for dinner. It was a much better dinner than I thought it would be.

I feel very good about my diet right now. I think I'm doing a pretty good job of striking a balance between losing fat and putting myself in a position to maintain my strength. We'll see how I feel in a week, which will depend on whether I can actually lose some more weight in that time frame.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #17
Soldier
Max Brawn

I make the best freaking wings. You guys have no idea. Seriously, I feel sorry for everyone in the world other than my wife and myself, because we get to eat the wings I make.

I've had a thought recently about my weight. I lost 10lb in a little over a week by eliminating carbs. Since then I haven't been able to lose weight, but I also haven't been training very much (Just fallowing Smolov as written. No worries, I'll be training my ass off come Tuesday). So I'm thinking that what I'll do is maintain my weight (or maybe just lose a little) in the next 4 weeks, then do another quick run of low/no carb dieting for a week or 2 to lose another 5-7lb really quickly, then get back to maintaining my weight and training hard.

It seems to me that if I can keep losing 5-8lb every few weeks and maintaining between these short runs then in the next few months I can slowly get down to my goal while also maintaining/gaining strength.

For now the plan is to try to survive Smolov. I'll cut as hard as I can while continuing to eat carbs and training squats 4 times a week, then after this mesocycle I'll do a quick keto run.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #18
Soldier
Max Brawn

Very odd weight check- 236.5

WHOA, what the hell happened? I had a big dinner last night, but this is ridiculous! I'm not sure how I gained 5lb in one day, but I'm not going to stress it. The weekend is done and I'm back at work which means I can eat a lot less and lose some weight.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #19
Soldier
Max Brawn

For the last few days I've been hovering around 233, which is fine. I'm maintaining at the moment until I finish the base mesocycle of Smolov which will take 4 weeks. Then while I do the switching cycle I'll be doing 1-2 weeks of keto dieting. The length will depend on how long it takes for me to get down to around 223-225.

At the moment my diet is very simple. Mostly sandwiches and protein shakes during the day, then for dinner I've been literally only eating 2 things, hamburgers one night and steak with baked potatoes the next night. I think my wife would like more variety, but the food I make is so damn good that I think she doesn't mind that much.

My main concern right now is keeping my protein intake high. Shakes get boring fast, and in the moment I prefer meals with more carbs, but I need tons of protein right now, not only for my muscles but to keep me fuller and help me eat a little less overall.

I'm still trying to get carbs with almost every meal to completely avoid carb deprivation and it's highly negative effects on my performance. It's all about balance. Keep the carbs present all the time but low enough overall so I don't start gaining again.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #20
linedriver465
Max Brawn
Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

How much protein are you aiming for? How much are you actually getting? There's no doubt that much of the initial 10lbs you lost was water due to lowering your carb intake. As you gradually add carbs it may fluctuate. However assuming you're burning more than you're eating, you can still lost fat while eating carbs.

Plus given the relatively high volume of smolov, I'd be willing to guess very very few people can successfully run a program a.) without carbs and b.) drastically cutting

But I'm definitely following this log as you seem to be in tune with your body which is the most important thing
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote