Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Diet Logs

Notices

Diet Logs Keep your diet/eating plan logs here.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
IrishHitman
Max Brawn
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast
Default The Hitman Carb Backloads

As some of you already know, I'm going to be working on becoming a firefighter over the course of this next year or so. I am signed up to take the Candidate Physical Ability Test in July. I have 7 weeks from today before my first shot. I would like to drop about 20 pounds between now and then. I will be doing carb backloading and hoping for the best. Still will be training heavy using BIG, but will also be throwing in conditioning using stadiums, bear crawls, low crawls, etc., while wearing a weighted vest to prepare for this. I want to be in MEAN shape when I take the test so I can excel. I will have the official report tonight, but right now, this first "NO"-carb day SUCKS. Thank goodness for coffee.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 March 2014
SQUAT: 650 lbs
BENCH: 340 lbs
DEADLIFT: 580 lbs
TOTAL: 1570 lbs
IrishHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
fenrisulfr
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Cbl is for getting stronger, not cutting. You might have problems with a goal of -20 lbs. Sugar free jello and green fiber veggies are your friends for prep phase.
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
linedriver465
Max Brawn
Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

Welcome to the CBL/CN camp

If you're looking to cut 20lbs in 7 weeks, I'd look in to Carb nite with once or twice weekly carb refeeds. Strength may take a little hit compared to CBL, but you'll be a lot lot leaner compared to running CBL.

Just my $0.02

Fen and myself probably have the most experience with CN/CBL on this forum so feel free to reach out to either of us!
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
As some of you already know, I'm going to be working on becoming a firefighter over the course of this next year or so. I am signed up to take the Candidate Physical Ability Test in July. I have 7 weeks from today before my first shot. I would like to drop about 20 pounds between now and then. I will be doing carb backloading and hoping for the best. Still will be training heavy using BIG, but will also be throwing in conditioning using stadiums, bear crawls, low crawls, etc., while wearing a weighted vest to prepare for this. I want to be in MEAN shape when I take the test so I can excel. I will have the official report tonight, but right now, this first "NO"-carb day SUCKS. Thank goodness for coffee.
Hang in there man. In my experience the first 5-7 days suck on low carb, but after that you adjust. Make sure you get plenty of fats in the first week, they will help with some of the effects. Looking forward to seeing how this works for you. I think with your activity levels, you will drop weight on CBl, just keep the nightly backloads within reason. If weightloss slows you can switch to carb nite or a low carb diet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linedriver465 View Post

Fen and myself probably have the most experience with CN/CBL on this forum so feel free to reach out to either of us!
I couldn't help to laugh at this statement. Do you know how many guys on this forum have used or are using these diet approaches?

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

"I couldn't help to laugh at this statement. Do you know how many guys on this forum have used or are using these diet approaches? "

Round Eye is.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Its a piece of cake Brother. As "You Go Now/BigJosh" stated, up your fat intake to curb the cravings and hunger pangs from zeroing out on Carbs.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Beach Sudoku Champion!
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

I'll put my 2 cents in here. I ran a version of carb back loading ( 0 carbs on non training weekdays, 0 carbs preworkout on training days followed by 250-350g carbs post workout, and eating whatever i felt like on the weekends) and it got me to 12-14% bf pretty quick, but then i stalled out. If i had been stict over the weekend, i could have probably ridden it down even lower. I recently switched to keto and kicked the fat loss back in gear. I really miss cbl rainbow sherbert post workout is amazing...
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Beach Sudoku Champion!
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

I will admit though, that my setup has my weights down pretty bad in the gym... but from what i'm reading, that shouldnt be a problem for you. I doubt thry're going to test your max squat
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #9
IrishHitman
Max Brawn
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51

Training Exp: 8
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

20 pounds of weight loss might be a bit overzealous, but it's worth a shot. If nothing else, I will lose some weight, so that is good.

Total protein today: about 220 grams
Total Carbs: about 25. It came down tonight to "Do I want a scoop of rice or a tall glass of milk?" I gain more from the glass of milk protein and fat-wise, so I opted for that to take care of the carbs.

I have no doubt that with the calorie deficit I will most likely be in, that I will not have a problem. I am a cook, so very active there, planning on doing my cardio stuff on off-training days, and keeping on with heavy-ass weights. I hope to maintain strength levels.

I appreciate the offers of help, and will definitely consult y'all in the future.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 March 2014
SQUAT: 650 lbs
BENCH: 340 lbs
DEADLIFT: 580 lbs
TOTAL: 1570 lbs
IrishHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:35 AM   #10
I WILL
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

That is awesome Irish. I know you'll kick butt!

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote