Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Diet Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Diet Logs Keep your diet/eating plan logs here.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #31
SeventySeven
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

Hows your strength? If you aint gaining eat more Did you get a skinfold or BF test before starting?
Old 08-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #32
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
Hows your strength? If you aint gaining eat more Did you get a skinfold or BF test before starting?
My strength has actually been going up, and I feel stronger. It could be because after my workouts I know later that day I'm going to have a feast. I know i probably should eat more but it's pretty ridiculous how much ive been eating already. I mean a whole loaf of french bread in one night and some ice cream. But you could be right.

I didn't do any bf test, I believe that the mirror says it all for me. I'm still waking up the next morning lean and dry. I haven't come across a day where my body looks soft.

I did test my BF on a hand help body fat reader and it read 9.8 but those things aren't very accurate.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #33
SeventySeven
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

Hows progress coming dude?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #34
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

D, any updates?

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #35
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

Hey Guys. Apologize for splitting out on this thread. It's football season over here and it gets pretty hectic. I stopped CBL about 2 weeks ago and I'll give a full run down of my experience with it. There are a few pros and cons that I've encountered that I really want to share with all of you. But here are some pics my end progress:

Old 11-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #36
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

REVIEW OF CBL:

Starting Weight: 165
End Weight: 172

CBL was an interesting experience. I had the book and basically followed the meal plan at the end of the book for Back Loading for people who train @ 9AM. (I've came a across a lot of questions online about if you can Back Load for morning training sessions, BUY THE BOOK! it answers all your questions.)

Meal 1
I'm totally a breakfast guy. I'm the guy who wakes up early before work so I can have a full breakfast. So for me it took some time to get used to just having coffee and some cream. I basically fasted in the morning only drinking coffee.

Pre Workout
Still just coffee - I substituted a pre-work out every so often though. Some days I just wanted my frickin pancakes.

Post-Training
In the post-training he recommend taking in a Hypertrophic Potentiator Formula (no carbs) - Caffeine, whey, casein, hydrolysate, leucine, creatine. I didn't put all of that in because I don't have the money to be spending on all of that. I basically just had 50 grams protein, more caffeine, and creatine in mine.

30 Minutes Later
Iginition Formula: Consisted of Whey protein and more Caffeine!!

Lunch
Finally could eat solid foods and would have a Salad with lean protein and healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, almonds, and such.

Snack
a low carb protein shake

let the eating begin:
Dinner around 6ish
I went crazy with buying the whole roasted chickens and eating half of it or sometimes close to the whole thing. There was no limit on the carb sources: white rice, french bread, sometimes I threw in a donut for good measure. It was quite ridiculous and really went against everything I knew about nutrition at night.

Before Bed
Another Protein Shake then I usually either had a bowl of lucky charms or cocoa puffs. Some nights I'd sit on my couch and enjoy a pint of ice cream as well.

Thoughts
the first couple days was rough for me to get started because it was all about planning. I also had to get used to working out in a fasted stated which initially sucked but I was hyped up on so much caffeine by then. It was kind of hard to notice.

After the initial phase I started to recognize some morning I did wake up much drier and muscles looked much fuller. It was pretty crazy. My strength levels were going up and my body was still feeling pretty good. You would think with all the crap you are putting in your body you would feel like a slob. But no.

Night time was comical because there would be times when I'm out with friends on a weeknight and I would crush half a pizza. They thought something went wrong in my head because I was usually the one to have salad and protein when we went out. But the next mornings after my CBL and after working out the same friends would recognize that I was getting bigger.

Why I stopped? First I stopped because I compared my grocery expenses during CBL and before. I was spending a lot more on the CBL diet. Mainly because of the whole chickens, pizza, pints of ice cream, cereals, donuts. On the CBL diet it is recommended to get the foods with all the carbs people say you shouldn't have. So I did.

Personally, I couldn't come to terms with eating the way I did. Although it was working for me, I came to a point where I thought would this really be a lifestyle thing for me. It was an interesting experiment, but personally I wouldn't do it again. Knowing I'm putting all this processed food in my body didn't set well with me and I was spending a lot more on groceries than I did.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be glad to answer them.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #37
Bill
Max Brawn

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

I did the same thing you did, except i was getting fatter. Although i dont think i had enough training volume for it to work properly.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #38
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Solid review. What's your plan now?
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #39
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Great point D. I am giving it a go, most of the protocol is how I already eat, for me the harder part will be the simple carbs. I am not a big sweets eater so I will be making use of really ripe bananas, sweet potato, ice cream and the occasional bread product. I do admit, I enjoyed the Whoppers tonight.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #40
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks Daniel! I have been reading about CBL and my misgivings are similar to yours. I do not like junk food, well more accurately, I do not like that I actually like junk food way too much!
I also do not like to spend a lot on food or especially supplements. 3+ times a day of whey and creatine would be a hardship for me.
And I love breakfast. I mean I LOVE it.

However, I would like to see my abs at some point in my life, so let me ask you:

If I did the program exactly as Kiefer asks, food and time of day workouts, etc. Could I do it with minimal supplements? And minimal bad foods?

SOmething like:
Breakfast: Coffee, I hate cream, but would suck an avocado if I had to for example.

Lunch: Bacon and eggs with veg, or a salad with tuna, etc.

Pre workout shake: Whey

Afternoon workout: heavy

Then post: whey shake and what? 5 ripe bananas and an apple? Would that be enough to spite insulin? Other? Or do you need cherry turnovers and ice cream like he says?

Dinner of pasta, rice or sweet potato, etc. and normal foods like meat and veg? not pizza and crap?

Before bed: cottage cheese or greek yogurt?

Would that work? Just asking your opinion.

Thanks for any thoughts you have on this. I think his plan is interesting and well thought out and researched, etc., but I have misgivings about actually doing CBL as opposed to say low carb for dummies or simply balanced meals and watching carb and calorie intake.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96

Last edited by MikeM; 11-05-2012 at 12:47 AM.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote