Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Lifters (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   MAB Sandbox (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5136)

BendtheBar 01-13-2011 07:56 AM

MAB Sandbox

This is a thread for the development of a series of flagship workouts designed for beginners to intermediates.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Project One => MAB vs Rippetoes vs Stronglifts

Carl1174 01-13-2011 08:01 AM

Sorry Steve, does that mean you want us to post routines we have devised so they can be developed to better routines, or do you want us to say which routines we would like to see developed.... Im a bit thick today lol :D

Carl.

BendtheBar 01-13-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl1174 (Post 106515)
Sorry Steve, does that mean you want us to post routines we have devised so they can be developed to better routines, or do you want us to say which routines we would like to see developed.... Im a bit thick today lol :D

Carl.

Hi Carl,

Sorry for the confusion. This has been something Glwanabe and I have been piecing together in the background.

We basically want to develop some high quality workouts that are effective and worthy of being promoted and passed around the web.

Here is one of our projects:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/bod...-strength.html

We will take ideas on any vein/style of workout really, and how to improve it. So if you have a workout idea you feel is worthy of a project/discussion, you can talk about it here in this thread.

Say for example, you like WORKOUT X but feel it it could be tweaked a bit to better fit "Average Joe", then mention it here.

Our goal is not to refine for the sake of being different, but rather to create workouts that are in the personality of this forum, and that we can proudly recommend beginners and intermediates to. Ultimately it would be nice to have an entire series of workouts 10-20 or more. So adding variations on themes is welcome.

Abaddon 01-13-2011 08:17 AM

Nice concept.

glwanabe 01-13-2011 09:08 AM

I'll be working on a few different programs, that I'll approach from a couple of different angles.

1. Progressive barbell only programs. This concept will evolve through a few programs. From barbell only workouts and gradually include more equipment, but never more than basic stands and benches. When I say barbell only, I mean that literally. Just you, and a barbell.

2. A/B split programs for power and strength.

There is a lot of ground to cover with just those two concepts.

Carl1174 01-13-2011 09:25 AM

Nice idea guys, unfortunately I think i will have to be a spectator in this. I wouldnt deem any of the stuff that I put together for people on forums worthy of discussion lol :D They just tend to be revisions of tried and tested stuff, you know pull/push/legs thats kind of thing... Will be eager to see some of the ideas that come out of this though :)

Carl.

Abaddon 01-13-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl1174 (Post 106563)
Nice idea guys, unfortunately I think i will have to be a spectator in this. I wouldnt deem any of the stuff that I put together for people on forums worthy of discussion lol :D They just tend to be revisions of tried and tested stuff, you know pull/push/legs thats kind of thing... Will be eager to see some of the ideas that come out of this though :)
Carl.

Re-badge my (our) 4-dayer as 'Carl's 4-dayer', swap out the signature and savickas moves for conventional equivalents.

Bam! ;)

BendtheBar 01-13-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl1174 (Post 106563)

Carl.

Please don't hesitate to provide feedback, insight, thoughts, questions, etc.

Input from everyone is essential to the process.

strkout35 01-13-2011 11:16 AM

I'm definitely excited to see the A/B splits for power GL is talking about. I'd be interested in that eventually

bamazav 01-13-2011 12:07 PM

When my current experiment is over I will send you all some info. I can say that my current protocols have me up 2lbs of lean mass since 10/3/2010 when I started my fullbody power density training.