Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Classic Lifters
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Classic Lifters Classic Bodybuilders and Strongmen Videos, Bios, News and Information

Old 04-28-2014, 11:46 PM   #1
Call_Me_Ishmael
Brawn

Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Overhead Press
Fav Supp: Bacon
Call_Me_Ishmael is a lifting machineCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting machineCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting machineCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting machineCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting machineCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting machineCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting machineCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting machineCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting machineCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting machineCall_Me_Ishmael is a lifting machine
Default Leroy Colbert: The Blitz Routine

This is an article he wrote Flex magazine.

It basically describes the old school method of busting a plateau, or at leas that's my understanding:
You can increase the weight which will help to shock the muscle into growing again, but you will still find the muscle a lot tougher than it was in the beginning days. It will take so much more exercise to stimulate your muscles than it did before. The reason for this reaction is the muscles have become accustomed to the severity of the workout. They have adjusted to the demand you have put to them. In other words, they are waiting for the same old song and dance three times a week. This is when you throw in the shocker and blitz the “hell” out of them. Shock them right out of their boredom. Force them to readjust to the severe demand. Force them to grow and grow to become thicker and wider, to take this sudden load of work. Now to properly blitz them, you must select one, no more than two exercises for each body part and increase you sets from to a minimum of 10 to 15 sets.
Here's the basic routine:

1. Barbell bench press ........10 Sets 8 Reps
2. Bent arm lateral ...........10 " 8 "
3. Lat machine pull down ......10 " 8 "
4. Chin behind neck ...........10 " 8 "
5. Sitting press behind neck ..10 " 8 "
6. Standing lateral raise .....10 " 8 "
7. Alternate curl .............10 " 8 "
8. Sitting barbell curl .......10 " 8 "
9. Bent arm pullover ..........10 " 8 "
10. Barbell squats .............6 " 12 "

He says that "The beginner must not under any circumstances attempt to blitz his muscles until he has trained with weights at least one year."

Has anyone ever actually tried this?
Call_Me_Ishmael is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links