Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health > Challenge Forum
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Challenge Forum Give these challenges a try, see how you stack up. Post your videos!

Old 07-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

I want to compete in strongman, weightlifting and powerlifting at the same time and do ok in all 3.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

From the beginning this was a life-long journey, and from the beginning I wanted a well-rounded physique and conditioning, and after a period of study, knew that if I was consistent in training and disciplined in my diet, the body would naturally appear to be in this condition. I wanted to train in way the body was designed to function which (IMO) is an entire unit tied together; if one is weak it does in fact affect the other. For example: It doesn't matter how strong you are or how much you can lift, without oxygen and endurance conditioning it WILL leave you, if you can not breath and your cardiovascular conditioning isnt up to snuff, when you engage in these type of activities. And from the beginning, I am a mental and physical warrior on behalf of my ailing wife who has many medical issues, and I will keep my aging body well-rounded, strong, and in peak condition (and very lean), to increase the odds as I age and get older, I will be by her side to provide and take care of her when she can't. I am a warrior because many think you can not maintain a low BF under 8 percent for very long, and be strong, and I prove them wrong each and every day. I am a warrior because I have met and exceeded every goal I have ever made, and will on the current goal want (man, that sounds arrogant, lol, I am not arrogant please forgive me).

Peace and happiness to all of you today and each and every day. May all of you meet or exceed what you want out of life and out of your lifting and dieting goals.

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #13
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

I want a PR total!

After a complete pec tear and being put back together, I have made a commitment to lift on the biggest stage for multiply lifting. October 5 I will be doing the XPC semi finals for a spot to lift at the Arnold Classic. I have much bigger goals than just a PR, and I will do nearly anything to get it done.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

I want to get to the point where 3/4/5 and a BW Clean and Press are everyday lifts I can hit anytime I want to. I also want to lose the belly so that it looks like I actually lift. I have been heavy and only semi strong my whole life. So my goal is a good total, but also the fitness and athleticism to look good with my shirt off at the pool and be able to do anything I want to do like a strongman contest or powerlifting meet any given weekend whenever I feel like it, not just when I have "peaked" to be able to even be respectable. All this by 50 years old. I hit 50 January 2015, a year and half from now. Then see how long I can maintain that level of strength and fitness.

For me, that means more discipline than anything else. Becoming disciplined enough to reach my goals will be transformational for me as I tend to give in to my vices way too easily.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #15
ChrisTheViking
Brawn
Points: 1,142, Level: 18 Points: 1,142, Level: 18 Points: 1,142, Level: 18
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Supp: Juggernaut HP
ChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good postsChrisTheViking has made some good posts
Default Warrior Spirit Challenge

I have two challenges I want to complete. Before December 31 of this year I want to be around 250 lbs.

Secondly, I want to complete the SEAL benchpress challenge. 135 lbs bench for 10 reps followed immediately by 20 situps for 30 rounds.
ChrisTheViking is offline   Reply With Quote