Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Articles
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Articles Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, Nutrition, Supplement Articles.

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Old
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default The Money Mentality
by BendtheBar 03-29-2012, 03:26 PM

The Money Mentality
By G Diesel

I do not compare myself to the normal people I see everyday. So Iím the biggest dude in my gymÖ Big ****iní deal. If being the biggest and strongest in Graz, Austria had been enough for Arnold, he wouldíve never been a 7x Mr. Olympia, eventually propelling himself to a life of otherworldly achievement. Big picture thinking. This is the bottom line. This is how you take it to the next level. If you want to transcend your limits, if you want to blow the minds of the small thinking cats in your town, follow me and the other boys at animalpak.com. Get the Money Mentality and become an Animal.

Dedication

Doing what needs to be done day in and day out like it is your lifeís work. Unconditional love of the lifestyle. Banging your ****ing head in the gym. Eating right all the time. Every time. Structuring your entire schedule to accommodate your training and diet. It is all or nothing, balls to the wall, every single day. You eat it, you drink it, you breathe it and when you sleep at night, yeah, you dream about it. You are a bodybuilder and youíve paid the price in pain and sacrifice to be one. The bodybuilding lifestyle is the championís wife.

Consistency

You are meticulous about your training and diet. You do not miss a workout and you never miss a meal. You take your supplements every single ****iní day. You live on a schedule designed to maximize your bodybuilding potential. You are a machine. You are obsessed and you have no problem with that (though everyone else seems to). You are an easy man to track down: you are at work, in your real office every ****ing day. The gym. The one day you miss your training session, the next guy, who wants it more than you, will have his best workout and youíll never make up the difference. You gotta believe that.

Goal-Setting

My mindís eye sees my ideal physique 24/7. That image is always there, lingering in the back of my consciousness. It motivates me to train harder, to eat better, to go that extra mile. The tiny goals are set day in and day out: get that extra rep on my heavy set of squats, drink that extra shake, add that 10 lb. to my bench. Better than last week, every time. Long term you need to envision yourself a month from now, a year from now, five years down the road. Your first contest, going to Nationals, winning your pro card. Is it realistic for me to chase Ronnie Coleman? Maybe not but who gives a ****. This is my quest and if it fuels my fire, then it is well worth it. The way I see it, you shoot for the stars, if you end up on the moon youíre still 238 thousand and some odd miles past the guy sitting next to you, and let me tell ya, that ainít half bad. Your only limitations are self imposed.

Positive Thinking

Disappointment and failure are necessary components of true achievement. These are the demons that constantly torment the great man. But they can be quickly brushed aside and forgotten. To strive so hard and want so much out of life youíve got to be prepared for the pitfalls Ė a weak training session, an injury, a loss in competition. You have to know in you heart that these downfalls will only serve to make you bigger, stronger and more complete in the long run. Forever the optimist, you trudge forward, learning from your mistakes, proud of where youíve been and the excited about the direction in which youíre now headed. Youíve got no time for negative fools and their conformist bullshit. Their negativity is fuel to your fire. Keep your head up, AnimalÖ Youíre on your way.

Confidence

Itís not arrogance. Youíre not cocky or vain. Youíve paid your ****iní dues man and walk with your head held high. Youíve put your work in and reaped the dividends. You know who you are and what youíre all about. People sense your presence when you enter a room. Your self-assured aura is electric and it attracts people to you. In the gym, you call the shots in your training sessions, people want to train with you, they look to your strength and your physique as something to emulate. Others have watched at a distance envious of all you have accomplished and of the price you are willing to pay. All the while, you remain humble, for you know deep inside how far you have left to travel how distant your goals still seem. You feel honored to be the lead wolf in the pack. You canít imagine it being any other way.

You get the picture? These are but a few key elements of the Money Mentality, the winnerís mindset. The Animal thinks like a champion every moment of his life. He is willing to put it all on the line in pursuit of his destiny. He is the battered gladiator in the arena of life fighting for what is rightfully his. The Animal is prepared for this battle, the countless hours in the gym have forged him into twisted steel; the lion in the ring is no match. He knows that after this struggle there will be another followed by yet another and from these he will eventually emerge victorious. The Animal lives for the challenge. Bring it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Views 421 Comments 1
Sponsored Links
Total Comments 1

Comments

Old 03-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

This guy's intense. I like him.

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote