George Turner 12 Point Full Body Blast Workout
--3 months. Start by training every third day and use this approach for the first 3 months.
--2 months. Train MWF.
--1 month. Train every other day.
12 Point Full Body Blast
After the first 4 exercises take a small break, get a drink, and then do upper body.
1) Steep Situps - 4 x 30, 25, 20, 15
Do these with a hard contraction at the top of every rep.
2) Squats - 4 x 15, 12, 10, 8
Pyramid your weights. These sets should require a maximum effort.
3) Leg Curls - 4 x 10, 8, 8, 8
The last 3 sets should be very hard.
4) Machine calf raises or donkey calf raises - 6 x 15, 15, 12, 12, 10, 10
5) Bench presses - 4 x 12, 10, 8, 7
Pyramid the weight. The last 3 sets should require a maximum effort.
6) Incline dumbbell presses - 4 x 10, 8, 8, 8
The first set is a moderate warmup; the last three are heavy.
7) Wide-grip chinups - 4 x failure
Try to get at least 12 reps on every set. Really stretch out at the bottom.
8) Barbell rows or T-bar rows - 4 x 8
Do all 4 sets as heavy as you can, without cheating.
9) Seated dumbbell presses - 4 x 10, 8, 8, 6
Do these without a back support.
10) Dead hang cleans - 4 x 8
Do not stop the bar at your thighs on the way down, by, rather, go to the point just off the floor.
11) Seated dumbbell curls - 5 x 8 SUPERSET with tricep externsions
12) Lying triceps extensions - 5 x 12
Perform curls with both arms at the same time using no back support, and use an EZ bar on the extensions.
That is a ton of work!
In the article he states it will take about 2 hours a day. Mike Mentzer's nightmare.
Oddly enough this same issue of Ironman covers Mike's death.
A well planned HLM program will accomplish what this does. An A/B split can also be used and accomplish what this does.
This program is very much like some of the intermediate and heavy, classic era programs we've looked at before.
While it can be done, there are smarter ways for the average person to train. However if you have the time and are advanced enough to work the program go for it.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.