Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Articles
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Articles Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, Nutrition, Supplement Articles.

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Vince Anello Talks With MAB

Vince Anello Talks With MAB

As interview by Big Swede.

Vince Anello, the man who redefined powerlifting. His best lift were 750 squat, 500 bench press, and an 821 official deadlift (880 in training) at@198lbs bodyweight.

MAB: What sort of routine would you put a young, beginner trainee on?

Vince Anello: Train all the muscle groups, not just the ones used for a lift. The stabilizing muscles also. Like a foundation, if one part is weak the structure breaks.

MAB: You packed a lot of muscle on while remaining in the light(er) weight categories. How did you keep your weight down?

Vince Anello: Diet is the most important key, always eating clean 7 times per Day. Keeping protein high. I would also drop water weight By Restricting carbs.

MAB: What are your thoughts on training gear (bench shirts, squat suits, etc)?

Vince Anello: Gear should be used to prevent injury, but it may be becoming too supportive now.

MAB: What workout/style of training did you use as a beginner when you were making your rapid beginner gains?

Vince Anello: I did a lot of bodybuilding movements during my early training along with the three lifts, as I did also in later years.

MAB: How did you structure your workouts and assistance exercises? Did you use a specific template - like a bench, squat and deadlift day, or did you train more than 3 days per week?

Vince Anello: Squat and deadlift on the same day. Because one must get accustomed to training those muscles on same day. Won't matter if you train bench on a different day. Assistance training for other muscle groups on other days.

MAB: How did you periodize your training?

Vince Anello: That is on the attachment.

MAB: What are your thoughts on the modern approaches like Westside and Wendlers?

Vince Anello: Great methods but I believe the common denominator is a mental attitude of success!

MAB: What are some of the biggest training mistakes you made?

Vince Anello: Overtraining.

MAB: Did you use a structured eating plan?

Vince Anello: I ate 7 times per day (Small meals) to allow my body to absorb maximal nutrition.

MAB: What does it take to be successful?

Vince Anello: A bulldog mindset. Bite onto a goal and don't release until it is accomplished!

MAB: Before you approached the bar before any of your big lifts (in the gym or at the meet) what was going through your head?

Vince Anello: Feel success!

MAB: What was your most and least favorite exercise to perform, and why?

Vince Anello: I liked all the exercises I did!

MAB: What are some of the best assistance exercises you'd recommend for a conventional deadlifter and a sumo deadlifter?

Vince Anello: Conventional deadlift - lower back exercises: Good Mornings, Hypers, Shrugs, Partial Deadlifts, Rows. Sumo: Partial Squats, Rows, Shrugs, Hypers, Partial Deads. Ab work for both, for core.

MAB: Whats are, in your opinion, the best assistance exercise for the squat?

Vince Anello: Hypers, Ab Work, Partial Squats, Hack Squats.

MAB: If you had one advice for a beginner powerlifter, what would it be?

Vince Anello: Get with a successfull veteran powerlifter for direction. Train the mind as much as the body!

MAB: What were your thoughts when you saw Benedikt Magnusson deadlifting a massive 1,015 lbs raw? When you were competing, did you ever think someone would break the 1,000 pound barrier?

Vince Anello: Great lift! He is a true history maker! He used no assistance, just strength and power! That is true lifting!

MAB: What are your thoughts on supplements?

Vince Anello: There are so many supplements out there. The main concern should be health!

Vince Anello
Anello Body Fitness.net
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vince-Anello5.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	3198  

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Thanks for help with editing btb. Anello is still involved in physical training, he runs Anello body fitness Anello Body Fitness.net and works as a personal trainer and motivator.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Thanks again Big Swede!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Thanks for doing this interview, Swede! I've been looking forward to reading this interview, and you certainly did not disappoint!
Valentin Konstantin Platz
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Great work swede, interview looks great!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

And a bump

Old 07-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Adding a quote from Vince.

Quote:
WHEN I DID MY BEST LIFTING I GOT IN A POSITIVE STATE OF MIND AND ALLOWED THINGS TO HAPPEN! IN MY WORLD RECORDS I DONT REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE LIFT SORT OF ALTERED STATE PF CONSCIOUSNESS I DID NOT TRY TO LIFT I ALLOWED!!! WHEN I TRIED AND REMEMBERED TRYING I FAILED!!!IN OUR MENTAL TRAINING NEXT SAT I WILL PUT YOU IN A RELAXED STATE AF MIND AND GUIDE YOU INTO A POSITIVE STATE OF MIND.THIS WILL HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS FROM BODYFAT LOSS TO IMPROVED ATHLETIC AND BUSINESS SUCCESS!!!YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE THEORY OF ALLOWING AND NOT TRYING BY ABANDONING YOUR EGO AND HOLDING ON TO A POSITIVE STATE OF MIND!!!!

Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #8
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Very insightful advice from a legend.
Trevor Lane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
brad1224
Max Brawn
Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

brad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machine

loved it! great interview. No Power lifter but i do like my deads squat and bench

***AAEFX REP***

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
brad1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Vince Anello taking a beating from low bar but getting it done.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1102474_10153059608870212_1936291663_o.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	10432