Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Articles
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Articles Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, Nutrition, Supplement Articles.

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Old
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member
Default The Animal Method: Bigger N Stronger
by RobMoriRB 03-03-2014, 09:01 PM

Written By: Rob Mori

Introduction
This program is going to be 18 weeks of hell, We start with a cardio week and we end with a crippling max reps at near maximal weights. I designed this program to force progression, while also letting you practice your lifts. It is a 6 day training program, I have used an fell in love with. We are going to have 3 days of lower body an 2 days upper body, an 1 assistance day, it is well spread out to keep you fresh.

Still Being a young lifter I had to learn quick on what not to do, since I kept hurting my self because of over doing it. Till I developed this slow progression, while doing forced progression. I am not hear to make money off this stuff, I am here to give you a product that will work an you will always keep coming back to it. ONE RULE I FOLLOW training is done 100% RAW no belts or wraps, we want to build the core strength as much as possible.

We are going to use the main lifts an have a lot of assistance work, to help push your lifts along. As we go a long we are going to drop assistance work to help recover from the long grueling sessions.

I am not going to say I built a magical program, that will add 100 lbs. As long as you keep going with it an believe in the program we can make progress together. I am as much a part of your journey as much as you are.

Week Break Down:
Monday: Squat/Dead Lift
Tuesday:Bench/Lat/Tricep
Wednesday: Squat/Assistance Work
Thursday: Shoulder Press/Rear Delt/Biceps
Friday: Squat/Dead Lift
Sat: Assistance Day

Week 1 through 4
During the first four weeks we are going to be using 4 sets by 4 reps. We are going to have a lot more assistance work in this time period than anyother. We Will be looking at having 2 exercises per body part being work each day.

Week 5 through 16
Second phase of the routine, we switch to 3 sets by 3 reps for 5 weeks. Then in week 10-13 we are on a 2 by 2 routine then for the last three weeks its a 1x1. We will continue on with 1 by 1.

This part of the phase can last for another 3 weeks, it all depends on how much your body will take. we move to only having 2 exercises per body part being worked. I would consider this more of a power lifting routine phase, but to get faster you need to get stronger.

Week 1 Day 1
Welcome to your first session of Bigger N Stronger. Day 1 is a squat an Dead Lift day, this is going to be a bit tough an you will be sore for two days till your next session of Squats. Take your time warming up, for squats how we are going to warm up is different. We are going to start with front squats to warm up. We want to work to a tough single, so you want to be with in 40-50 lbs of your starting warm up weight for back squats.
For Example:
Squats (Based off of a 325lb max)
FS bar@10
FS 135@5
FS 155@2
FS 185@1
BS 205@3
BS 230@ 4 sets of 4 Reps

By doing this you are warming up your legs an getting your CnS(Central Nervous system) Firing, because Front Squats are a lot tougher. Your top working set is going to be at 70% for 4 sets of 4 reps, for both Dead Lifts an Squats.
Day 2
You will have a top set of 4 sets of 4 reps at 70% of your projected Max. For assistance work(any muscle that helps the Bench like the lat's) we are going to be doing 4 sets of 10, with a standered weight across th board. Every time you compete the assistnce work with all 40 reps the following week you will bump it up by 5lbs. For assistance work we will be doing Lat pull Downs, Barbell Rows,Skull Crushers, an Dips.
Bench Tamplete (Based on a 275lb Max)
barx10
135x5
155x2
(70%)195@4x4
Day 3
We will be doing the same Squat session as we did on day 1, but with one exception no Dead Lifts. We will have assistance work that will help both Dead Lifts an Squats. Your top set for squats will be once again 70% of your max for 4 sets of 4 reps. For assistance work we will be doing leg Extensions an Leg Curls(best done on a laying leg curl machine) for 4 sets of 10 reps.

Day 4
We will only be doing strict standing shoulder press with a barbell for this routine. Like all the other day's your top set is going to be 70% of your projected Max. Take your time to warm up an get loose for shoulder pressing. For assistance work we want to work rear delts an biceps today. We will be doing Bent Flys for 5 sets of 10 an we will be doing DB curls for 4 sets of 10.

Day 5
We have another Squat an Dead Lift session, your going to either hate me or love me for these! We are going to be staying with the 70% for this week, an as we go a long you will see that we keep the same weight across the week.
For assistance Work we are going to be doing Single Leg-Leg Press, with Leg Curls for 4 sets of 10. The Single Leg-Leg Press will help to make sure both legs are even in strength, while also help building a bigger squat.

Day 6
Our Assistance Day, I like to call it. Here We do not have any set work out planned out, but If you are new to working out this would be a good time to work the Lat's an Triceps with Some Trap work. This day is more for working your weakness, but If you are Brand New I will have an option work out presented for you.

Week 2 Day 1
In Week 2 we are moving up by 2%, so it will be 72% instead of 70%. We are still going to be doing Dead Lifts an Squats together, but for Dead lifts do Touch An Go reps. For Assistance work we will be doing Leg Extensions an Leg Curls. Each work out you should add weight for your assistance work. we always want to make progress an force progression for Assistance Work.

Day 2
For Bench we are moving to 72% for the same rep an set schime. For assistance work we are going to be doing Skull Crushers, Pull Downs for tricpe work an for Lat work we are going to keep using Lat Pull Down an Bar Bell Rows. For Assistance work try to use the same weight for all 4 sets, when on completion of all the sets bt reps we will move weight up.

Day 3
We will be using 72% again here for Squats, with the same 4 sets by 4 reps. For Assistance work we will be doing Leg Press an we want to do sets of 5's. I want you to keep going till you no longer can get 5 reps then stop. Next assistance movement will be Leg extensions for 4 x10.

Day 4
We will be doing shoulder Press, with 72% on the bar for 4 sets of 4 reps. For assistance we are going to be doing some work, We are going to start with side laterals for 4 sets of 10 reps. We then will be doing Arnold Presses for 4 sets of 10 reps, then Do Hammer Curls an Curls for both 4 sets of 10.

Day 5
Today we have 72% for Squat an dead lifts again for week 2. For Assistance we are going to have leg extensions an leg curls for 4 sets of 10 reps, we should be adding weight every session as we complete the full sets.

Day 6
Assistance Day, work your weak points for 4 sets of 10 reps. If your weak points are during the lifts, there are several ways we can attack it. For bench you can do floor pressing or board pressing for reps, this will help for your lock out power. For Squats you can go from a dead stop squat to full extension squat.

MASSIVE NOTE:
As you see we only increase each week at 2%, by week 6 we will be at 80% an at this point we will be moving for 3 sets of 3 reps. Then in week week 11 we will be at 90% an this point we will be switching to 2x2, an week 14 we will be at 96% an we will be doing 1x1 with a light back off.

Week 17
Week 17 is a Deload Week across the board, we will be using 50%x5 reps 60%x 3 reps an 70%x2 reps, then next week will be hitting a Mock Meet or individual testing. It all depends on what you are training first.

Week 18
Test Week, you have two options. 1) Mock meet which will be as Followed Squat/Bench/Dead Lift, your first lift should be your last PR then you can chose which number's to use. 2) test individually on separate day's. Either works well for most people.
Dead Lift: 501

GYM PR
Squat: 405
Bench: 285
Dead Lift: 475

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/

Last edited by RobMoriRB; 03-03-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Views 384 Comments 2
Sponsored Links
Total Comments 2

Comments

Old 03-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
Iron_Addict82
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: Not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Beta Alanine
Iron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good postsIron_Addict82 has made some very good posts

18 weeks of hell with a big pay out im sure. Looks more challenging then my boot camp was....ha. Very interesting!
Iron_Addict82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
RobMoriRB
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

you would like Cycle 2.....a lot more challenging than this
Dead Lift: 501

GYM PR
Squat: 405
Bench: 285
Dead Lift: 475

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is offline   Reply With Quote