Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Appreciation Threads
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Appreciation Threads Lifter Appreciation Threads. Contains resources, pictures, workouts, videos and articles on specific lifters.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #431
Francisco
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

I'm killing it!! Finally i have time to write an update. I have been working 11hr days + my training (2.5hrs) so by the time im home its too late...usually i just get all my food ready for next day and i hit the bed. Anyways here is the update:

TRAINING: things are great...my delt is feeling great, my knees are feeling great too... so i have been taking advantage of this!! I am pushing my self very hard...yesterday i had to take the day off training because i was feeling again pretty tired at the end of the week...but today it was time to get back to work...I trained arms/delts...overall it was an amazing workout...my energy levels were thru the roof!

SUPPLEMENTs: Genomyx has a great product line now and i am also taking advantage of this.

A) PROTOCOL is amazing for my recovery!! i am in love with this stuff now
B) Krillipid is my new addition...a super oil...similar to fish oil but with some unique properties
C) Guthhealth : Im a big fan of Digestive enzymes because they help to break down fats/prots/carbs for better absorption...and im replacing my cheap DE for GHeath. Im extited!
D) Genomyx Protein powder....not taking this one yet but i cant wait

DIET: Working really hard on this. Despite the fact that im not competing anytime soon i am hitting my numbers like a machine...Howerver i have been allowing my self to eat a cheat meal once in a while in order to keep me sane!

Todays workout:

1. HS Delt press
2 pl/side x 15
3pl/side x 5
3pl/side x 5
3pl/side x 5

2. DB overhead press
80's x 10 x 60's x 10
80's x 10 x 60's x 10
80's x 10 x 60's x 10

3. DB side laterals
55's x 10 x 3 sets

4. Cable laterals
3 sets x 15 reps

5.Rear Delt Machine
150 x 15
150 x 15
150 x 15

6. REar delt cable (45 deg)
150 x 15
150 x 15
150 x 15

7.Tris Cable Extensions (mechanical dropsets - Supinate + Pronated + Neutral)
115 x 15 x 15 x 15
115 x 15 x 15 x 15
115 x 15 x 15 x 15

8. Incline bench skull crushers + Close grip tris press
90 x 12 x 12 x 3 sets

9. Dip machine
Whole stack x 20 reps x 3 sets

10. Incline bench DB curls - thick grip
40's x 10 x 3 sets

11. DB crossovers - thick grip
40's x 10 x 3 sets

12. HS Preacher Curl
90 x 12 x 3 sets

13. One arm Barbell Preacher Curl (I tried to make this one more challenging by adding rubber bands) It worked LOL! check the vid later
bar + 10lbs x max reps x 3
sets
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 06:16 AM   #432
DanieleIta
Points: 383, Level: 7 Points: 383, Level: 7 Points: 383, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8
Fav Exercise: Bench/Squat/Deadlift
DanieleIta is off to a bad start

Hello Cisco...two questions:
1-Why don't you use barbell bench press?

2-How do you involves in a typical 3x15 if you get the failure in the first set?Do you reduce the weight in the other sets?How do you involves in the next week?

Thank you big man;-)
DanieleIta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #433
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieleIta View Post
Hello Cisco...two questions:
1-Why don't you use barbell bench press?

2-How do you involves in a typical 3x15 if you get the failure in the first set?Do you reduce the weight in the other sets?How do you involves in the next week?

Thank you big man;-)
Hey Daniel, nice to see you around here again brother! as far as your questions:

1. I dont use the bb bench press because i never got any benefits from it...only injuries, some people are not built for this exe and i firmly believe that i was one of them...However did it for a while long long time ago and it always felt akward and my chest never grew( i only got huge delt and tris pumps LOL!)...then i read a study that was conducted to find which exercises cause the greatest amount of activity within each muscle group and, as a consequence, determine which exercises will produce the greatest gains in mass and strength. To make the story short the BB bench ranked very low in the list.(aprox 80's% stimulation) while the DB press ranked top around 95%. So i said...ok no more bb bech for me...and i have been focusing on DB ever since....my chest has improved a so much since i made that change that i am never going back to the bb.

2. Not sure if i understand your question, but from what i understand; I almost never work until total failure...i always leave one rep in the tank. But when i go until failure i rest a little more to recover for the next set or i cut the weight a little...remeber your body doesnt know weight only stress..as long as you are training with a porpuse (strenght, hypertrophy, musc endurance) your body doent care about how much weight you have on the bar...he will feel only time under tension, max effort, etc and will make addaptations based on that. Hope this helps
Old 09-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #434
DanieleIta

Clear bro....you've understand my questions!

1)I was in the your same condition for the bb bench press but I've recently learned some tricks from some Italian powerlifter and the situation changed, my chest grew up....I started to stay more hard with the back, push with the feet on the floor, keep my chest out, take my blades abducted, make a stop of 1" on the chest and push with high speed the barbell in a linear trajectory with "locked" elbows....not simply to learn and there are not so many people prepared to teach the good technique professionally!Only powerlifter and olympionic athlete/coach can...
I'm sure you've already tried that but I'm sure you would give an extra quantity of mass by using bb bench press too. Make a Jump in a Powerlifter team and try it

2)Ok, I've understand

Thank you
Old 09-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #435
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Clear bro....you've understand my questions!

1)I was in the your same condition for the bb bench press but I've recently learned some tricks from some Italian powerlifter and the situation changed, my chest grew up....I started to stay more hard with the back, push with the feet on the floor, keep my chest out, take my blades abducted, make a stop of 1" on the chest and push with high speed the barbell in a linear trajectory with "locked" elbows....not simply to learn and there are not so many people prepared to teach the good technique professionally!Only powerlifter and olympionic athlete/coach can...
I'm sure you've already tried that but I'm sure you would give an extra quantity of mass by using bb bench press too. Make a Jump in a Powerlifter team and try it

2)Ok, I've understand

Thank you
Great tips Daniel! i will try it for sure next time i hit chest...perhaps this thursday..i will let you know how it goes ...later bro
Old 09-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #436
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Yesterday: Short Leg workout, I was not feeling it but i tried to push myself has hard as i could...the gym was empty as usual on sunday afternoon it was perfect to have a crazy workout but my motivation was not there. Anyway this is what i did:

1. BB squats
135 x 20 w-up set
185 x 10 w-up set
225 x 10
275 x 5
315 x 8
315 x 8
315 x 5

Leg Press
5 plates per side x 40 reps
5 plates /side x 40 reps
5 plates /side x 40 reps

Seated ham curls
200 x 15
200 x 12
200 x 12

Lying leg curls - tri-set (1 single leg up-dwn /2up - 1 dwn/ 2leg up-dwn)
65 x 12 x 12 x 12
65 x 12 x 12 x 12

Bike - 3 mins all out @ 15 REsistance
3 mins x 1 set

Standing Calf raises
3 sets x 12 reps

Seated Calf Raises
3 sets x 10

No cardio....
Old 09-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #437
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Crushed legs tonight!

My hams were still sore and tight from sunday's workout but i decided to push myself slowly to see if i could make it happen...I streched alot in between sets and i started to get loose and the rest is story...great workout

Floor Deadlifts
135x10
225x10
275x5
315x5
365x5
405x1
455x1
465x1
315x15

Hack squats
2pl/side x 10
3pl/side x 5
4pl/side x 5
5pl/side x 5
5pl/side x 5

Leg press
Worked my way up to 9 plates/side x 2 sets

Bike (3 mins of hell)
1 set @ max resist x all out

Ham curls
3 sets x 15 reps

Cardio - Elliptical
30 mins
Old 09-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #438
DanieleIta

Waaaa....singles after a 3x5 of deadlift is looking like a cherry on the cake!

What about your bike training after the quad workout?Are you looking for recovery or to definetly destroy the legs?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #439
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Waaaa....singles after a 3x5 of deadlift is looking like a cherry on the cake!

What about your bike training after the quad workout?Are you looking for recovery or to definetly destroy the legs?
The bike training is to finish the legs...its so painful that hurts only to think about it...I'll go all out at max resistance and 3 mins feels like an ethernity...legs feel like if they are about to explode
Old 09-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #440
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Cardio on workout days is basically LISS, is that right? And on non-lifting days you go with HIIT?
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote