Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Appreciation Threads
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Appreciation Threads Lifter Appreciation Threads. Contains resources, pictures, workouts, videos and articles on specific lifters.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #421
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

That's a thick barn door.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #422
Francisco
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's a thick barn door.
Thanks bro! Im trying to do my best
Old 08-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #423
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

LEgs tonight

I was supposed to start with deficit deads but my lats and traps were very sore from last night back/chest workout so i decided to skip it and start with squats. I took also an extra serving of PROTOCOL, CLA, ALA, Vit C and E to help me recover...its friday and i was feeling very tired and to be honest i didnt want to train today...but thats a "no no" for me

1. BB squats - worked my way up to 390 and i felt that i could go up to 405 but i was alone so i decided to stay there just to be safe. the last thing i want is an injury right now.
135x10
185x10
225x10
275x5
315x5
365x1
385x1
390x1
390x1
315x 10
315x 10
315 x 10

2. Hack squats
3pl/side x 10
3pl/side x 10
3pl/side x 10

3. Leg press - 2 sec stops
6pl/side x 15
6pl/side x 15
6pl/side x 15

4. Leg curls
3 sets x 15

5. Adductors
3 sets x 15

Tomorrow is Arms/DElts...

Some pics also from the squat session and my streches in between
Old 08-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #424
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #425
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Legs

I had a quick leg workout last night....First of all i couldnt squat of deadlift because of my Delt issue and then those guys from the gym closed at 11:00pm while i was finishing my second sets of hack squats. they pretty much kick me out last night LOL!...i was able to get 6-7 sets of leg presses and 2 sets of hack squats. Well at least i did something. The pic is a candid shot in between my set of leg presses.

Today is Arms/Delts - I'll be very carefull with my shoulder and i will prob be training light again

Tomorrow - Calves and HIIT

On the other hand i have been expecting my new GENOMYX T-shirt!! the design this time is gREAT!! cant wait to train with it LOL!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #426
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Looking ripped there buddy. I dont know which seems more painful the 390 squats or the splits

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #427
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Looking ripped there buddy. I dont know which seems more painful the 390 squats or the splits

Carl.
LOL!..def the 390 is more painful to me
Old 08-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #428
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Sorry for the lack of updates guys! …Last week was very hectic; I barely had time to seat in front of my home computer. I feel that I finally have time to do something besides working and training.

Things are going great…my right delt is feeling almost 100% now…sometimes it bothers me a little bit but it’s nothing that I can’t deal with. The good thing is that I am able to do pretty much anything now without pain. Actually this Monday I worked my way up to 125’s on DB presses and my delt felt great! So I am on a roll this coming week.

As far as last week I pushed really hard to the point that I was feeling so drained yesterday that I forced myself to take the full-day off training. I trained every day until thrusday for like 2 hrs + cardio and then on Friday I was feeling pretty tired so I took a 2hr-nap to try to recover and then I hit legs at night…the good thing was that the gym was empty Friday night…but on the other side it seem that I beat my body more than what I could tolerate... I had a bad night.. I woke up pretty beat up on Saturday…I woke up feeling lightheaded and dizzy…so I said, it’s time to rest. I also had a large cheat meal yesterday...I felt that i deserved it ...sometimes i feel that i am a slave of this sport....i am not competing or anything right now and i feel caged doing the same stuff, everthing is about doing work...i dont drink, i dont go out, im always on my diet hitting my numbers, training like an animal everyday...so at times i feel that i want to let go and do something that i want to do. yesterday was one of those days...i went to my fav steak restaurant and i ate without thinking...i just enjoyed my time with my food and my wife!

Today I finally feel that I am coming back to life. I will try to go to the gym to do some light cardio and calves. Tomorrow we start all over again.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #429
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
Sorry for the lack of updates guys! …Last week was very hectic; I barely had time to seat in front of my home computer. I feel that I finally have time to do something besides working and training.

Things are going great…my right delt is feeling almost 100% now…sometimes it bothers me a little bit but it’s nothing that I can’t deal with. The good thing is that I am able to do pretty much anything now without pain. Actually this Monday I worked my way up to 125’s on DB presses and my delt felt great! So I am on a roll this coming week.

As far as last week I pushed really hard to the point that I was feeling so drained yesterday that I forced myself to take the full-day off training. I trained every day until thrusday for like 2 hrs + cardio and then on Friday I was feeling pretty tired so I took a 2hr-nap to try to recover and then I hit legs at night…the good thing was that the gym was empty Friday night…but on the other side it seem that I beat my body more than what I could tolerate... I had a bad night.. I woke up pretty beat up on Saturday…I woke up feeling lightheaded and dizzy…so I said, it’s time to rest. I also had a large cheat meal yesterday...I felt that i deserved it ...sometimes i feel that i am a slave of this sport....i am not competing or anything right now and i feel caged doing the same stuff, everthing is about doing work...i dont drink, i dont go out, im always on my diet hitting my numbers, training like an animal everyday...so at times i feel that i want to let go and do something that i want to do. yesterday was one of those days...i went to my fav steak restaurant and i ate without thinking...i just enjoyed my time with my food and my wife!

Today I finally feel that I am coming back to life. I will try to go to the gym to do some light cardio and calves. Tomorrow we start all over again.

Got to have those breaks from this kind of stuff brother, no biggie. It will help you train harder and stay more focused in the long run. You owe it to yourself and your wife Glad to hear the delt is doing better, big things are coming your way I have no doubts Cisco. Starting my offseason plan today going to get back to counting macros and training like a beast myself after this last show, big offseason to come.

Thanks for being one of my greatest motivators and inspiration bro, hoping to achieve the level of competition and physique you have some day, and with this offseason I am going to work my hardest every day on doing just that.

Keep smashing brother!

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #430
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
Got to have those breaks from this kind of stuff brother, no biggie. It will help you train harder and stay more focused in the long run. You owe it to yourself and your wife Glad to hear the delt is doing better, big things are coming your way I have no doubts Cisco. Starting my offseason plan today going to get back to counting macros and training like a beast myself after this last show, big offseason to come.

Thanks for being one of my greatest motivators and inspiration bro, hoping to achieve the level of competition and physique you have some day, and with this offseason I am going to work my hardest every day on doing just that.

Keep smashing brother!
Hey kyle! nice to see you around here brother! I heard that you did great at your show! Big congrats bro! keep training hard and i am sure you will achieve anything you want! finally no need to thank me bro..and if you need anything just ask! best of luck this offseason...i am sure you are going to have a great one!