Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Appreciation Threads
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Appreciation Threads Lifter Appreciation Threads. Contains resources, pictures, workouts, videos and articles on specific lifters.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #341
Francisco
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

TIP "WEAK AREAS"

When we start the long journey in bbding our bodies respond better to certain exercises based on our own body’s biomechanics and physics. That’s why some people love to bench others love to squat and others love to curl from sunrise to sunset! And Like magic these body parts grow and grow! Strength increases as well and.. naturally we kept doing what we can do best! However we ignore what we can’t do well, we ignore what felt awkward and uncomfortable. Big mistake! Because, as a result our body grows out of proportion and lacking symmetry. Who cares if you can squat 500lbs but have weak upper body! Or if you have 19” arms and you look like a monkey onstage with no chest or back! This sport is about creating the whole package, about creating an optical illusion and not about how much you weight or how many lbs you can lift! So focus on the exercises that you hate because there are a myriad of muscle fibers waiting to be stimulated and once they grow your physique will be taken to a whole new level.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #342
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #343
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Chest and back!

Started a little slow because i was not feeling it today but once i was under the bar everything changed! i had a good workout overall

1. DB incline bench
90's x 10
100's x 10
110's x 10
110's x 10
110's x 10

2.HS Press
3pl/side x 6
3pl/side x 6
3pl/side x 6
3pl/side x 6

3. HS Wide press (lower chest)
3pl/side x 8
3pl/side x 8
3pl/side x 8
3pl/side x 8

4. Rack Deadlifts (pin 2" below knee)
135x10
225x10
265x10
315x10
365x10
405x10
455x10
475x8

5. One hand Pull downs
105 x 12
105x12
105x12
105x12

6. DB rows
120s x 15
120s x 15
120s x 15

7. Straigght arm pull dwn
3 sets x max reps

Tomorrow legs! its time to test my knees! last week i started taking some anti-inflamatories for 7 days...knees feel great but before i get too excited i will wait until tomorrow...i will prob go to a dif gym to try dif machines
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #344
ILoveLifting
Strength Fiend
Max Brawn
Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: New York Strips and V8
ILoveLifting is off to a bad start

*u** it up fracisco
ILoveLifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #345
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLifting View Post
*u** it up fracisco
will do my best
Old 04-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #346
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Chest/back today! Wow this workout almost kill me! Not sure why i went into crazy mode today, perhaps i was releasign some of my frustrations LOL!...Anyway i was so out breath at the end that i felt like passing out...Fortunately i always carry my PROTOCOL with me and i took an extra serving on my way out!!

I hit back like a mad man! heavy close grip pull dows with 270lbs, then i did DB's rows like 8 sets total including 120's x 40 reps and i finished stacking db's to make 170's x 8 reps (VIDEO Coming up LATER) then HS high row worked my way up to 5pl/side x 8-10 reps, then straight arm pull downs, 3 sets x max reps

Chest was not easy...i hit it hard but i was already tired but i managed to hit 4pls/side on the HS bench press x 5 reps, then incline db press with 100's x 15 reps (3 sets) and i finished with cable flyes supersetted with bw dips!

Check for videos later

Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #347
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Another Saturday another Workout in the books! I trashed delts and arms today! I was on fire!!! ...on the other hand i dont feel like posting all the workout but i pushed very hard...arms felt like they were going to xplode LOL! as usual i trained my arms w high rep sets/strict form and thick grip.. 5 delt exercises, 4 tris and 5 bis! Tomorrow i will try to do cardio or perhaps Light legs.

On the other hand sombody asked me on another forum about my supplement regimen so am also posting it here in care you guys are interested. this is what i am taking right now:

1. Whey Protein (to supplement my prot intake) - several times/day
2. Fish oil - 2g, 3times/day - Overall health/Joint protection/Decrease inflamation.
3. Genomyx PROTOCOL (To improve recovery rate) - 2-3 sevings/day
4. Creatine mono - 5g/day
5. Multivitamins - morning
6. ALA, vit E, - Anti-oxidants
7. BCAA's - during Workout

Old 04-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #348
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Update on knees!

Finally i think that i figure out what was wrong with my knees! (well i hope so LOL!) I discovered a very painfull spot near my knees..located close to where the vastus lateralis attaches to the knee. It was so painfull that i couldnt hold the pressure for more than 10 secs while foam rolling. Ouch! However i pushed thru pain and foam rolled that area (boths sides) for like 10-15 minutes. Also i foam rolled the piriformis, IT bands and inner tight just in case....after that I rapped my knees before every set during my workout and then once again i foam rolled the tight muscles for another 5-10 mins to finish. The good news is that after my workout my knees were just a bit sore and after 1 hr the pain was gone.! I am very exited now beacuse i believe that i found the root of the problem "tight muscles" ...When a muscle is tight the lenght of the muscle is altered (short muscles) as a result the body will compensate for this lack of flexibility. This forces the body to move in an altered fashion leading to pain and injury.

My legs are sore today but my knees arent! I hope this is the end of this problem! i cant waint to get back to my usual leg workouts

The plan:
Foam rolling before the workout (10 mins)
Wrap kneed during the workout
Foam Roll again After (10 mins)
ICe at home (15 mins)
Old 04-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #349
Francisco
Uber Brawn

LEGS – Working my way up after the knee issue

Sometimes I ask myself “why some people always have something to say” Today I felt challenged by this guy and I was a little pissed while working out! He is a personal trainer or something from another gym and even though he looks like a nice guy he always find a way to say something about my training or my form etc… I barely spoke with him and when it happens is because he approach me with a question..Anyway today he crossed the line and I had to put him in his place LOL! I consider my self a nice guy and I don’t mess with anybody…when I am training I hit the weights and I don’t speak with anybody…”I do my thing and that’s it”

To make the story short today I was deadlifting and he started to deadlift next to me! and I noticed that he was copying what I was doing! I was loading the bar slowly (sets of 5) working my way up.. so does he was..Also he was standing next to me looking at me while I was doing my set! Once I reached 385 he said something about my form..i laugh kindly said it works for me! Then he did 3 reps with 385 and I load the bar with 405 and while I was trying to focus he said “hey let me use “your” bar because I don’t want to take the weight out of mine” I SAID OK!! THAT’S IT…he crossed the line here! …He did 3 reps with 405 and I though ok it’s enough…lets smoke this guy!!!! I pulled 10 reps with 405!! Then took a break dropped the weight to 315 and pulled 24 reps!! …now try to copy that big mouth i thought LOL!

FLOOR DEADS
135 x 15
225 x 15
275 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 5
385 x 5
405 x 10!
315 x 24…

Squats
225x 10
225 x 10
225x 10

Leg Press
5pl/side x 15
5pl/side x 15
5pl/side x 15

Leg Extensions (Slow tempo)
100x 12
100x12
100x12

Seated Leg Curls
205x12
205x12
205x 12

Lying leg curl ( Triset – 1leg up/1leg dwn – 2leg up/1dwn – 2lg up/2leg dwn)
50 x 12 x 12 x 12
50 x 12 x 12 x 12
50 x 12 x 12 x 12

Standing calf raises
4 sets x 12 reps

Seated Calf Raises
3 sets x 12 reps
Old 04-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #350
andys_trim
Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

Killer workout Francisco!! Way to crush it!

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote