Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Appreciation Threads
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Appreciation Threads Lifter Appreciation Threads. Contains resources, pictures, workouts, videos and articles on specific lifters.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #221
Francisco
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Cardio - Only today.

Type: Jump Rope 50-60 revolutions + 30 lb Ketbell swings (no rest and Repeat).
Time: 30 minutes
Cals Burned: 660
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #222
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #223
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Yesterday was a good day. I managed to hit chest/back twice with no major issues...my morning workout was awesome i pushed hard and i lifted more weight than last week....hopefully soon i will be reaching my old PR's and i will be ready to smash them...as far as my pm workout i had to adjust my intensity and play by how i felt...but i managed to push some decent weights x 15 reps. My goal is to stay healty and play with the variables until my body adjust to the frequency.

AM Workout (Max Streght)

incline DB Bench Press (3 x 5) + Warm up sets

HS Horiz Flat Press (3 x 5) + Wup sets

Weighted Dips ( 3 x 5) + Wup Sets

Straight-arm pulldown (3 sets of 5 reps)

High pulley cross-rowing with fixed elbow angle (3 of 5-8 reps)

Low pulley cross-rowing with fixed elbow angle (3 of 5-8 reps)

Barbell shrugs (3 of 5 reps)

PM Workout (Strenght Endurance)

Incline DB Bench Press (3 x 15) + Warm up sets

Dips (BW x 15)

Cable Flyes ( 3 x 15)

Straight-arm pulldown (3 sets of 15 reps)

High pulley cross-rowing with fixed elbow angle (3 sets of 15 reps)

Low pulley cross-rowing with fixed elbow angle (3 sets of 15 reps)

Barbell shrugs (3 sets of 15 reps)

Finally here are some pics from my photoshoot in miami
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101001A-10533.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	2196   Click image for larger version

Name:	101001A-10477.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	2197   Click image for larger version

Name:	101001A-10466.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	2198  
Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #224
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Update..my new split is killing me LOL!..its alot of work but i am doing my best to keep it up. Last week i missed one delt/arm workouts because i was feeling very tired....i am walking a fine line between overtraining and injury so i must be very careful and keep paying attention to how i feel. I was satisfied that last week i completed 4 chest/back workouts, 2 legs and 2 delts/arms with no problems. My weights are going up finally and my body seems to have adapted to the workload. I will stay on this for another 2 weeks and then i will give my body a break.

In addition I went to the doc today to check my bis injury...and after some X-rays it seems that i am fine, the doc prescribed me some anti-inflamatories and a cream to apply in the affected area 3 times/day. I was happy with the results and hopefully i will resume my standard back/bis training soon
Old 11-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #225
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Glad it wasn't serease.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:51 PM   #226
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Glad it wasn't serease.
Thanks rich!! i was getting a little worried...but with the anti-inflamatories and the xtra rest i will be like new soon...well i hope so
Old 11-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #227
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Update:

I dont have a lot to update. An Offseason log is pretty bored compared with a contest prep one...Anyways here we go

Training split: I have decidede to lower the volume and modify my split a little bit based on what i can tolerate. So for now on i will be doing 4 chest/back workouts, 2 Legs and 2 delts/arms. It seems that my body can tolerate this much volume with no problems at this time. I wish i could push harder to complete the remaining 2 delt/arm workouts from the original split but i think it is overkill....too much time and dedication from my part and i am not even sure if this will be worth it. I feel that i live in the gym...and i need to have a life too LOL!..

Weight Changes: Since i finished my contest i have gained around 15 lbs..right now i am weighting around 190 and i promise my self that i was not going to gain more than that this offseason...however i got there to fast despite the fact that i was only having 1 cheat meal per week and keeping my numbers. The good news is that i am still lean..full set of abs, hamstrings still there and veins in my legs. Anyway i am not sure what i want to do at this point...i may do a small diet after thanksgiving to get rid of a few lbs of fat and work my way up again.

Injuries: My Bis is feeling better already...the pills are helping a lot but i am going to wait one more week to start training bis again. I will be doing pulls and rows again this week but i will use slow tempo and light weights to see how i feel after the workout. As far as my back....i was surpriced that my doc said that i dont have any herniated disc or anything in that area...i am puzzled now...i have not squated in more than one year because i was afraid and now i am temted to squat again.

Diet: Diet is going well....but it is very hard to eat only what i have to eat.. i am constantly hungry and tempted to have a little more.....Right now i am testing a new protein intake protocol. My daily prot intake this offseason will be 300g...Previously i have taken 240-250g (previous offseasons) and it worked well but i am always thinking what if i do this? what if i change that? in my mind this is the only way i can find what works best for me. As far as carbs i am taking around 200g.. the bad side about increasing my protein intake is that i have to cut my carbs. ;( ...as far as fats they are around 60-70g/day...for a total 2500 cals/day. I will try to build up my cals to around 3000 cals before i start my new contest prep.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #228
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Update Pic - Offseason
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Offseasonfm.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	2232  
Old 11-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #229
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Insane mass. Those 4 weekly chest workouts would kill me.

There are some guys that religiously preach no more than 1 gram per bodyweight, and fill in the gaps with extra carbs. What are your thoughts on the benefits of eating a higher daily protein amount?

By the way. I'm talking with Cleveland Thomas and he does all high rep sets, 20-60 reps. Both you guys make me feel like a wimp.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-22-2010 at 01:31 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #230
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Insane mass. Those 4 weekly chest workouts would kill me.

There are some guys that religiously preach no more than 1 gram per bodyweight, and fill in the gaps with extra carbs. What are your thoughts on the benefits of eating a higher daily protein amount?

By the way. I'm talking with Cleveland Thomas and he does all high rep sets, 20-60 reps. Both you guys make me feel like a wimp.
Thanks steve....on the other hand high frequency is all is about adaptation...adaptations from your nervous system, soft tissue and muscles. If you can make your body adapt to the stress you can train in anyway you want without getting hurt. The trick is to let your body adapt before increasing the volume and the intensity.

As far as your question about protein intake. I just want to say that this is my own opinion...i can be very wrong but this is what i think. We are all different we are the product of thousands of years in adaptations and gene mutations based on the living environment..we all come from different races where some people's ancestors were hunters and meat eaters while other came from agriculture type of societies. What i am trying to say is that if you came from some parts of Europe from a line of meat eaters and hunters then your body is adapted to handle more protein however you will probably wont be able to tolerate carbs as well as proteins...so it make no sense to say that "everybody" needs 1g of protein/lbs. Perhaps this formula works and you will get results but how do you know if this is the optimum intake for you to create the optimum environment for muscle gain?