Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Appreciation Threads
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Appreciation Threads Lifter Appreciation Threads. Contains resources, pictures, workouts, videos and articles on specific lifters.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #201
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Yesterday: Upperbody Active Recovery

1. Close grip Pull downs - 3x15-20
2. Hs High Rows - 3x15-20
3. HS Low Rows - 3x15-20
4. Straigh arm pull down - 3x15-20
5. HS Horiz Bench press - 3x15-20
6. Dips - 3x15-20
7. Cable Flyes - 3x15-20
8. DB Delt Press - 3x15-20
9. DB side Laterals - 3x15-20
10. Rear DElt machine ext - 3x15-20
11. Rope Tris ext - 3x15-20
12. Bis preacher curls - 3x15-20

Cardio: 15 minutes- JUMP ROPe + BURPEES: ....50 revolutions of rope jumping, then drop the rope and perform two burpees Next, do 50 revolutions and four burpees. Then, it's 50 revolutions and six burpees. Keep adding two burpees each time until you each 10..then repeat. ...Burned almost 300 cals in 15 mintes
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #202
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Looking good Francisco. How long do the AM and PM workouts usually take you?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #203
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looking good Francisco. How long do the AM and PM workouts usually take you?
Right now about 1 hr each. Not including my cardio.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #204
Francisco
Uber Brawn

A little update:

As Far as Training is concerned: Everything is going well...i have been training really hard and my body weight is going up fast...too fast i think! & I don’t like it....I will have to slow down with my food intake to gain a little slower. Also I am having a cheat meal a week and I think that it is not helping LOL!

On the bad side...unfortunately i will have to change my split! I love my 3/week upperbody workouts but my biceps is doing a lot or work and the freq of the work is not letting my right bicep recover from that little injury that i have since my last contest. So i decided that before it becomes something worse i will change my split to let it recover.

I addition: This weekend i had a great time....my good friend mike came to town with his wife to watch the UFC fight. During the day we went to watch a bb.show and then to eat to a steak restaurant…and to my surprise Victor Martinez was there so we took a pic with him! He was looking massive!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04895.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	2144   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04896.JPG
Views:	556
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	2145  
Old 10-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #205
Francisco
Uber Brawn

I am posting a secction from an article Writen by Coach Poliquin...i wish i would have found this years ago! LOL!

These are the reasons why i dont bulk-up anymore. I learned this the hard way LOL! years ago i used to get up to 230 lbs in the offseason and after several attemps to put extra muscle i realized that this nonsense approcah dont work. The body can only grow muscle at a pre-deteminated rate and by overfeeding the only tissue filling the t-shirts will be fat

here we go (from coach poliquin's article)

ANTI-BULKING FACT #1. Bulking-up diet programs won’t produce any more muscle growth than ingesting an ideal amount of nutrients. Sorry, but it’s simply not possible to force additional muscle growth by overfeeding.

ANTI-BULKING FACT #2. Bulking up develops insulin resistance, which makes it harder in the long run to gain muscle. What happens when you bulk up is that carbohydrates will go preferentially to fat stores, not to muscle tissue.

ANTI-BULKING FACT #3. Bulking up will make it harder for you to get leaner because insulin resistance is hard to reverse. The fatter you get, the harder it becomes to get lean. Female bodybuilders learn this fact quickly, as it is considerably harder for women to reach the low body-fat levels required for competition.

ANTI-BULKING FACT #4. The fatter you get, the more aromatase enzyme your body will produce. In the extreme, getting fat could be considered a form of self-castration, as your own testosterone will be converted into the female hormone estrogen and you will suffer many unwanted side effects. If you’re a man and you enjoy wearing a bra, go right ahead and get fatter.

ANTI-BULKING FACT #5. Getting fatter will ramp down the effectiveness of your thyroid hormone production – not a good thing, because thyroid production is essential for fat loss. The fatter your abdominal wall becomes, the less conversion there will be of T4 to T3, the metabolically active form of thyroid.

ANTI-BULKING FACT #6. The lower your percentage of body fat, the better your body becomes at nutrient partitioning. This means individuals with low body fat are more effective at storing the ingested nutrients in the muscle (as muscle tissue or glycogen) or in the liver (as glycogen) and less effective at storing nutrients as body fat. To put it in simpler terms, leaner individuals can eat more nutrients without gaining fat.

ANTI-BULKING FACT #7. The idea that “a calorie is a calorie” is a bunch of bunk. Calories from sweet potatoes are great for building muscle; calories from beer are not. For that matter, getting fat increases the risk of dying from any cause, even terrorist attacks. I’m serious – you’re a bigger target and you can’t get out of danger as fast.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #206
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Informative post. Any idea what your split is going to look like?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #207
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Informative post. Any idea what your split is going to look like?
I am working on it steve...But Again it is going to be something Outside the box ...For the last few days i have been doing a little research to find scientific support so i dont waste my time doing something too crazy LOL!

I will post it this weekend because i am planing to start next monday.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #208
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Since my left bis is still giving me issues...i decided to change my back workout completely. Stop training my back or cutting my frequency to let my bis recover is not an option so i decided to do a back workout where i will try to minimize the activation of the arm flexors...this will allow me to hit my back often and let my bis recover.

1. Straight-arm pulldown
3 sets of 10-12 reps

2.. High pulley cross-rowing with fixed elbow angle
3 sets of 8-10 reps

3. Low pulley cross-rowing with fixed elbow angle
3 sets of 8-10 reps

4. Barbell shrugs
3 sets of 12-15 reps

I will be doing this for 2 weeks. At the same time i will ice my bis every night for 15 minutes and hopefully this will do the trick...so i can re-sume my regular back workout in a few weeks.

As far as new workout split...i will be doing something outside the box. It is going to take a lot of dicipline and sacrifice but i will make it happen. See bellow

NOTES: No Bis Workout for at least 2 weeks / No max Strenght back workout until bis recovers.

Day 1: Back/Chest Max Streght (AM) Back/Chest Hyper (PM)
Day 2: Lower Body Max Streght
Day 3: Arms/Delts Max Strenght (Am) Arms/Delts Hyper (Am)
Day 4: Cardio or Rest (Control Days)
Day 5: Repeat

Lets do this....Starting monday
Old 10-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #209
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Good luck on the recoop. Work out looks good.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #210
Francisco
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Good luck on the recoop. Work out looks good.
Thanks Rich! i am starting the new workout split today...but i am not starting with the right foot because of my injury. However i will do my best...not sure what to expect from this but i will find out in a few weeks. It sucks that i wont be able to train my back as i should but at least its something.