|06-03-2013, 04:14 PM||#1|
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Dan John Appreciation Thread
15 Dan John Quotes to Live By - The Chronicles of Strength
"It depends." - On anything and everything.
2. "If you want to be healthier, floss" - On health vs fitness
3. "The best CORRECTIVES are REGRESSIONS." - On corrective exercise
4. "Fat loss is about finding ways to make exercise INEFFICIENT." - On fat loss
5. "Mastery of the basic human movements trumps EVERYTHING else."
6. "Eat like an adult."
7. "Everything you are NOT doing, DO!" - On the world's fastest personalized exercise program.
8. "If you just add in farmers walks and goblet squats, any program gets better universally."
9. "I don't care HOW it works, IF it works." - On exercise/strength training
10. "Strength what is weak, stretch what is tight." - On NOT overcomplicating things
11. "Standards and gaps must be CONSTANTLY assessed...in a REASONABLE approach."
12. "Eat more protein, eat more fiber, drinks more water, take fish oil, and wear your seatbelt."
13. "Be REASONABLE, folks!" - Advocating a REASONABLE diet and exercise program over a TOUGH diet and exercise program.
14. "Keep the GOAL the GOAL."
15. "Everything works. Just pick SOMETHING and STICK to it!
BONUS: "I thought I could cure a necrotic hip by myself, because, well, do you know who I am?" - On curing his necrotic hip by himself and not succeeding
BONUS 2: All that other horseshit you see online, the INVENTOR takes offense to!" - On learning the goblet squat
|06-03-2013, 04:17 PM||#2|
Bearded Beast of Duloc
#6 and 15 are invaluable.
|06-03-2013, 04:20 PM||#3|
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
I like Dan John. Thanks for posting.
David, Husband, Father, Pastor
(Yasen Miroslav Zavadil)
2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs
Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)
"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran
1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
|06-03-2013, 04:29 PM||#4|
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
LOVE Dan John.
"Lift from your heels"
"Lead with your head"
"When in doubt, Front Squat"
"Get strong, then everything else is easy"
"The best anabolic is water"
"You have to put the bar over your head"
"The warmup IS the workout"
Probably the best philosophical strength writer out there. Easily my favorite. McCallum or Pavel is funnier, but John is more incisive and useful. The Sun Tzu of modern lifting theory.
I am Anton Zdravko Martin!
Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240
Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.
Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Lee Priest Appreciation Thread||BendtheBar||Appreciation Threads||8||04-27-2014 05:23 PM|
|John Christy Appreciation Thread||BendtheBar||Appreciation Threads||81||01-05-2014 01:09 PM|
|Max Aita Appreciation Thread||BendtheBar||Appreciation Threads||20||03-27-2013 04:40 PM|
|5kg appreciation thread||BendtheBar||General Board||18||10-14-2012 12:46 PM|
|Butter Appreciation Thread||BendtheBar||Nutrition, Diet and Supplements||10||08-30-2012 10:12 AM|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|