View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #263
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Thank you, BTB. I'm just enjoying moving the weights for now. I know these are paltry compared to where I was last June, but considering where I've been in the last five months, I'm happy with just being able to participate for now. Although, I look back at my numbers from June, and project those out another four or five months and I almost have to cry. I wouldn't be having a "geezer throwdown" with gl. I'd be benching four plates for reps. I'd be well into the 4's on my deads, and nearing a projected 500 1 RM. I'd be looking for pl meets to enter... Now I'm just trying to recapture "beast mode."

About the hockey... We are NOT a hockey family. At least its not in the original "Family Charter" established and ratified on 6/14/97. My spouse and I are not anti hockey. In fact, we've been seen a more than a few university games. But one day my middle daughter came home from school and said, "Mom, I want to play hockey." Never thought I'd hear those words uttered in my house, though deep down inside, I was hoping. That was two years ago, and its amazing to see how she's developed. I was just looking a a pictur etonight from her first hockey practice. It was her first time on skates. I compare that snapshot of her to the professional SportPix individual and team photo of two weeks ago, and I see a child that has absolutely blossomed. She's confident. She's a leader at school and at home with her sisters. And she's fast becoming a leader on the ice. As I said before, "Daddy's proud."
Digging this whole post Val.

The lifting we do here is fun, and I love to challenge people, and push each other. I love the competition of just doing one rep, but I like these types of post most of all.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote