View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default The "Anti Bodybuilding" Workout

I want to build a list of every major must in modern bodybuilding, and then piece together a workout that breaks these rules.

I am talking conventional bodybuilding magazine type wisdom, such as:

--You have to use a split. Fullbody workouts suck and are only for beginners.
--You must use isolation exercises.
--6 to 12 is the magic rep range. Sets under 6 are for strength, and sets over 12 are for endurance.
--TUT. Time under tension is the magic key.
--Muscle confusion. Muscle confusion is needed. Change routines every 8-12 weeks.
--Mind Muscle. Focus on isolating the muscle. Weight isn't important. "Feel" this muscle working.

Any other majors you consider important in the discussion?

Disclaimer: I'm not posting this to say any of the above are ineffective. Obviously they do work, to varying degrees. Some are more important, and some are silliness as "essentials".

My point is this...it is believed by most that if you don't use these principles, you will fail.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-14-2010 at 11:55 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links