APF/AAPF Mammoth Open
407.8, 424.3, 441.0 (41lb meet PR and 1lb all-time PR)
- I almost failed the opener because I was leaning too far forward, but I recovered and got the lift. After that, there were no problems and I went 3 for 3, going into the bench. I think I was good for a little more than 441 because 440 was my PR at the end of the base cycle of Smolov and I did the intense cycle after that, but I didn't want to gamble too much. The 441 puts me on the PowerliftingWatch.com raw rankings for the squat, along with my 535 deadlift from March.
215.0, 231.5, 242.5 (17.5lb meet PR and 2.5lb all-time PR)
- All three attempts went well. Like the squats, it felt like I had more in me, but this was still a good performance and personal record.
501.5, 540.1 (no lift), 540.1 (no lift)
- The deadlift was disappointing because I only got my opener and didn't get a PR. I haven't pulled a PR deadlift in training or competition since the full-power meet before this one, March 27th. At this meet, the plan was 500-520-540 going into it, but after my opener which flew up and was an easy lock-out, I figured that I would change the plan and go for the PR on my 2nd attempt instead of the 3rd. As you can see in the video, I was unsuccessful with the two attempts with 540. The 2nd attempt, first one with 540, was nearly finished, but I wasn't able to initiate the grind for the last few inches, like I did in previous meets since 2008, probably due to almost no deadlifts for the approximately three months of Smolov. I barely got the final attempt moving from the floor.
- 1185 Total (25lb PR)
- 1st Place in Open 165 Raw
- The 1185 still isn't enough for the PLWatch raw rankings for totals, but I'm very close, only about 20lbs away from making that list.
- I was also drug tested for the first time since I began competing in 2008. That was cool, but it should be more often if the fed claims to be drug-free.