View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glwanabe
I believe that we would see a shift in how things are programmed.
I agree completely. It might not be a full swing back, but I think the conversation would become real again.

Quote:
Even when given the information, a lot of people denounce the research. Even though there is historical evidence to support and prove what is being presented.
I agree completely. I have even had well-educated natural bodybuilders get frustrated with me because I have mentioned some documented research about natural bodybuilding, muscle growth, muscle limits, etc. I am no "lab coat" guy - more an anecdotal guy - but when much of the research is looked at in makes sense when you look at pre-steroid era training.

Quote:
How often does someone say they can't work arms on back day because there arms are to tired after back work?
I actually hear this quite a bit. Especially with chest and triceps.

Quote:
They can't articulate why they are doing what they are doing. They are doing it because everybody else is doing it that way. This aspect drives me nuts with people.
Very true. And not just with delts. I respect that not all people have the time to think about the reasoning behind training structure, but what bothers me is when the parrots attack and don't have a clue what they're talking about. I am not trying to sit on a high throne here. I don't know everything.

But you can peak in on a forum of beginners that never train with experienced lifters and find that they are bashing many of the things that experienced lifters are doing. They don't know the other world exists, and group think often creates this mental culture that any deviation from what surrounds them is completely wrong.

I often structure deadlifts and hamstrings together so I can pair RDLs and deadlifts (in any number of ways - alternating, using both in a workout, whatever). This is often met with resistance because it's not something seen in Weiderland.

But of course, few consider the impact chest bench training has on front delts either.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-09-2010 at 03:06 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote